• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Spuhr ?s - rings or mount, and what size?

brt1963

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2009
CT
Need some advice on mounting up a new Steiner 5-25x56 MSR on a Sig SSG3000 (which comes with picatinny rail). I'm in CT, so no need for 20 MOA built in, we have no 1,000 yard ranges. Best I'll see is 400, unless I occasionally go up to SigAcademy or out west for a class.

I like the Spuhr system, with the built in level - so will want either the mount or rings. any particular benefit to the mount? assume it would mean a bit more rigidity to have both rings on the same frame, maybe a few more accessory mounting points.

how about height? seems like the 1.5" should work right for the 56 mm objective of the scope, correct?

thanks

I have two Spuhr mounts. I replaced my Near Mfg. mounts with the Spuhr mounts. When you first pick up a Spuhr mount the word "precision" will come to mind.