• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Spuhr SICS thoughts

Islas82

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 18, 2019
North Las Vegas
What do you guys think? Looks interesting but MSRP $1895?
779176BF-4FF0-44D1-A5EA-3BEED2BA69C9.jpeg

It seems to be well thought out and elegant. Curious how it will feel in hand and if it will be cold as a witches tit in winter.

It looks nice, I'm sure the workmanship is fine, and it's not terribly expensive in the days of $1700 AX ACIS and $1400 Manners mini-chassis. But I keep going back to the Magpul Pro 700 chassis and struggle to justify paying twice as much. Perhaps this will change after experiencing one in person.

Reactions: JohnCarter17
I got to play with one at work, and I'm a huge fan. If I were building a relatively heavy gun, that's the direction I would go.

It definitely excels at some of the little things. I have long fingers, so the adjustable grip length is really nice. Also, on-the-fly length of pull adjustments are nice. Overall, it does some cool things, and the price is mostly in line with chassis of similar quality.

Last thing is that the squeeze adjustable bipod slide is really cool, but only functional with the detents on the chassis.

I'm far from an expert, but I really dig it.

Any idea when these things are supposed to be released into the wild?

I like Spuhr, but as someone above said the market is saturated with excellent chassis right now. He should have followed through on the large frame monolithic AR before this.

Buy an ARC Xylo, Archimedes, a full weight, & an Arca extension for less $

The only thing the Spuhr seams to have over the Xylo is that it folds. What else can it do better to justify the cost???

1637799893900.png

Proprietary accessory interface also doesn't help. The idea of being reliant on basically a single company to produce the accessories you want/need (if they even make them) is a tough sell for most people. MLOK is the way to go these days. You want more picatinny rail - MLOK. You want chassis weight - MDT, XLR, Cadex, MPA, so on and so forth makes them in MLOK. You want this doodad or the other doodad, chances are, someone makes them with the MLOK mounting pattern. If a person wants none of that flexibility, they will probably also be more than happy with a very simple (and much more affordable) KRG Bravo.