• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Spur Mount - Tangent Theta

Archie01

Private
Minuteman
Hello all,

I have a Tangent Theta 525 on order and I am wondering if a Spuhr SP-4011 will work with the scope or if I should look at a taller mount like the SP-4001.

I know the best answer would be to wait until I have the scope, but it's taken me a long time to save up for it and if like to play with my new toy as soon as it gets here. 😁

Depends what rifle it’s going on.

I doubt it tho, because as it says in the 4011 description, it won’t work with an S&B 525 and the saddle area is as bug or bigger on a TT. I’d play it safe and go with a regular mount not that one. I use the 4001 with my TT525

Custom heavy barrel 6br for PRS. I'm more concerned clearance on the erector housing. Sorry. Should have stated that.
You’ll want a 4001 or higher. That saddle area of the TT most likely isn’t gonna clear the 4011.

Find Håkan Spuhr on Facebook and ask him directly.

I did with my Premier when his hunting mount came to marked, he guided me.

Measure from the bottom of the tube to the bottom of the erector housing. You need to have a number greater than .216”.

Other option that always works is to call Mile High Shooting and ask them.

They are THE importer for SPUHR in the US and top end folks.

In case you didnt know, during the fundraiser for a young man who is a competitive shooter here on the Hide, they donated a truck bed full of goods to be sold to help raise funds.
If you use them, please mention their generosity as a reason and thank you. Their donations have doubled the funds raised for this young man and his family so far, with more to go.