• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Squatter vs Popo

powdahound76

Old tired dad
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2011
Denver CO
Curious to hear some thoughts on this.

Particularly from @BurtG

Sucky renters have more rights than property owners.
Squatters have more rights than property owners (took a long time to have eviction done)
All Popo are evil and bad.

Who shoulda won in this?
Who are the good guys?
Who are the bad guys?

Or are cops good when they enforce laws you agree with?
Or still suck, but happy to have them do the eviction work?

I believe @nagantguy is the one you really want to address about this.

IMHO, cops are like everybody else. You'll find saints, devils, and most fall somewhere in between, like a bell curve.

As to squatters: Nothing but common thieves.

One thing you can be sure of, you are not getting the entire story. There are a few steps before you get "evicted".

We have a few of these "sovereign citizen" types around here, generally they are better with the sheriff's office then the "city" police. Our boss is elected by the people, the others are appointed. At least this is what one told me.

Guy was a nut, and I have a feeling the house the flipper bought for $25k is going to need a great deal of work and is likely a total mess, power is off, water is off, they still use the bathroom in there.....you have no idea how nasty it can be.

Reactions: Maggot
One thing you can be sure of, you are not getting the entire story. There are a few steps before you get "evicted".

We have a few of these "sovereign citizen" types around here, generally they are better with the sheriff's office then the "city" police. Our boss is elected by the people, the others are appointed. At least this is what one told me.

Guy was a nut, and I have a feeling the house the flipper bought for $25k is going to need a great deal of work and is likely a total mess, power is off, water is off, they still use the bathroom in there.....you have no idea how nasty it can be.
Not to mention the new bullet holes.

I'll say this about LEOs. They are taught to be law enforcement, not enforce civil liberties. They are doing what they are told to do, sometimes it is high level AGs in state governments.

I'm QUITE certain there's 1,000s of stories that can be shared where an "Supervisor" directed an action where "The Thin Blue Line" was being held over the rights of citizens.

Does that mean all LEOs are doing the same thing? No. But let's not act like it ISN'T happening.

Reactions: nagantguy
I believe @nagantguy is the one you really want to address about this.

IMHO, cops are like everybody else. You'll find saints, devils, and most fall somewhere in between, like a bell curve.

As to squatters: Nothing but common thieves.
The basic reason a true democracy is a terrible idea, because every time at least 51% of people will vote to steal something from someone else under the guise of fairness. Your bell curve is spot on.

Good guys? Bad guys? For the Parties above it's about proving who has power. There are no good or bad guys. Just winners and loosers.

News flash: if you decide to fight the police (when you have the option to surrender and resolve in court) then you are a looser.

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
Squatters are trash and thieves . And it does often seem their rights are much more catered to than the actual property owner .
Funny how every class has much thought and care given to their rights - squatters looters illegals . But a Trad American holding a sign or filming a public official in public will be squashed like a bug. Something to ponder .

"Hardison had been squatting in a home that previously belonged to his brother, Joseph Hardison, who recently died, according to local reports." Let's see...house that used to be his brother's, 25k auction...what's the part we aren't hearing? Did he inherit the property? Was it some sort of tax sale? Was he renting from his brother prevoiusly? Doesn't sound like the normal renter won't move out or a homeless person moved into an unoccupied house.

"Hardison had been squatting in a home that previously belonged to his brother, Joseph Hardison, who recently died, according to local reports." Let's see...house that used to be his brother's, 25k auction...what's the part we aren't hearing? Did he inherit the property? Was it some sort of tax sale? Was he renting from his brother prevoiusly? Doesn't sound like the normal renter won't move out or a homeless person moved into an unoccupied house.

Kind of sounds like the government seized the house and sold it off to someone cheap, it happens all the time
Corrupt cities seize houses and sell them for next to nothing to their "special buddies"...
Is this what happened here?

There's a guy floating around that will squat in your home for a fee.

You write up a lease and he moves in with the squatters and makes their life uncomfortable until they leave. Apparently he's gone as far as to take conflict resolution/ de-escalation courses to better equip himself for the job.

Kind of sounds like the government seized the house and sold it off to someone cheap, it happens all the time
Corrupt cities seize houses and sell them for next to nothing to their "special buddies"...
Is this what happened here?
That thought crossed my mind as well. I don't know, but the price of the house and the "squatter" being the brother of the deceased former owner is not a coincidence.

I would argue that if there were no police protecting squatters from home owners, there would be no squatters. This pattern applies to all gov’t created problems that are manufactured under false pretenses to seize control and power in the name of safety and justice.