• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Squirrel vs. Bull Snake. Who will win???

Re: Squirrel vs. Bull Snake. Who will win???

NIce. I saw something very similar. Went out my door one morning and heard a rustling in a tree, then a thump, so I walked down to see what happened. There was a baby squirrel, eyes not eve open yet crawling around, and a 6 foot black snake laying very still. Apparently the snake had crawled ito the squirrel nest in the tree and grabbed baby squirrell for breakfast, but then fallen and was stunned. So I thought "I wont interfere...just watch the drama play out". Then I heard another rustling and the mother squirrel came down the tree, went over jumped on the snake, bit the piss out of it, grabbed its baby and went up the tree, like she was saying "No home invasions on my turf, motherfucker".

I would have thought it would have done more damage to the snake. I had one chew through a carbon arrow before I could even walk up to it.

if it is a Ground Squirrel here where I live . Ground Squirrels look pretty close to tree squirrels . same size also as tree squirrels but they burrow .
Around here in W.Oregon the ground squirrels (we call them grey-diggers) will eat meat . I have shot them and watch them chow-down the dead . They also eat fresh road kill by the ditches .
Not talking about the smaller East/central Oregon sage Rats (ground squirrels) . They are meat eaters too & are also cannibals .

Thats what those bushy tails are for!

Saw a show a couple weeks ago where it was explained, and showed a squirrel against some sort of a pit viper (the IR camera really showed how the tail fools a snake)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: softcock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if it is a Ground Squirrel here where I live . Ground Squirrels look pretty close to tree squirrels . same size also as tree squirrels but they burrow .
Around here in W.Oregon the ground squirrels (we call them grey-diggers) will eat meat . I have shot them and watch them chow-down the dead . They also eat fresh road kill by the ditches .
Not talking about the smaller East/central Oregon sage Rats (ground squirrels) . They are meat eaters too & are also cannibals .
. </div></div>

Most species of North American squirrels are omnivores from what I've personally seen... While it may not be their first choice, they seldom pass on an unguarded nest of chicks.

My x put up a bird house in the front yard and got hot because a squirrel made it's home in it. I told her to just let it alone but no she had to get a latter and evict Mr Squirrel. she got her hand by the hole and that squirrel was all over like a coat of paint in a flash. Her and squirrel fell off the latter with her screaming dead on her ass. I was laughing so hard my sides hurt. She got into the house and the squirrel took back his house. She always gave that tree a wide berth after that.