• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR-25 build

secondwind

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2013
Santa Cruz, CA
Hello, I just purchased a SR-25 PR 20” upper p/n 11472, and had planned on mounting this upper to a LMT LM308MWS lower, The upper comes with a SR-25 Buffer and an SR-25 action spring. I have used and like magpul prs stocks. Will a prs stock function well with this upper and lower with this buffer and spring? If not, any suggestions for stocks? I have seen the KAC M110 SASS buttocks, however, they are a little tough to find nowdays. Mostly do range shooting for me out to1000 yards. Thanks

Reactions: Jsp556
Hello, I just purchased a SR-25 PR 20” upper p/n 11472, and had planned on mounting this upper to a LMT LM308MWS lower, The upper comes with a SR-25 Buffer and an SR-25 action spring. I have used and like magpul prs stocks. Will a prs stock function well with this upper and lower with this buffer and spring?

Depends on the receiver extension on your MWS lower. If it was bought complete with a collapsible stock, those buffer components work and the PRS - if it is a Gen 3 - will also work. If you assembled the lower, it depends on what parts exactly were used in the build.

OE800, thanks for getting back. The MWS lower is bone dry stripped. I bought a LMT lower parts kit light and have a geiselle sdc to build it with. I hadn't yet decided on the buffer tube/receiver extension. I'm wondering if I might even be better off with a LMT 308 DMR stock.. I'll pay more but may allow for better fitment? I beleve the LMT stock uses and comes with a carbine tube. I'm hoping the buffer and spring the upper came with will cycle effectively. But have been told the LMT parts work better with KAC.

If you want to use the KAC buffer components you need to buy a 308 length buffer tube. The LMT DMR308 kit will come with their own spring and H3 buffer if you want to use those - there isn’t a “better” fitment between the Magpul and LMT stocks so far as I can tell as long as you use the correct components. Persobally I find the DMR stock to have much better cheek weld than the Magpul, but the Magpul is the better product IMO.

I ponied up for a LMT DMR, but also have an extra PRS gen 3's in the safe I can try out.. will post up some pictures when she's up and running

VltorA5/Ar10 tube, lmt MWS receiver extension tube, or Armalite AR10 carbine receiver extension will all work as they are all the same basically. The dry film on the lmt is nice but wears off.

The PRS lite is a good option as well.

The Magpul gen 2 UBR stock receiver extension is also AR-10/A5 length.