• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR 25 in 6.5cm build help

BigTex8541

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2022
Georgetown Texas
I'm currently building my first large frame. I have every part with exception to the BCG. I keep debating between JP low mass or JP full mass, both would have the hp bolt. I will be running both suppressed (ultra 7) and un suppressed. Now I've found some of the answers I was looking for, but some of them were outdated back to when all these parts were first coming out. So any fresh input would be greatly appreciated.

List of the essential to the questions parts I have.
Vseven upper
Larue lower
Proof CF 22" .875
Vseven 18" handguard
JP SCS H2 with spring kit
Superlative Arms GB

Questions
1. Low mass or full mass pros and cons?
2. With the SCS which spring are you using in a similar setup?
3. With the Superlative Arms GB are you running in the restricted section or bleed off and why?

I already have a boatload of money into this and I just don't want to make a mistake with the BCG selection. So again your opinions are welcomed.

Thanks, Justin

6.5 CM is very gassy, much more than 308. I had to go to a 8.5 oz buffer and super strong spring to run well suppressed. So, I'd say heavy carrier for sure.

Reactions: BigTex8541
Well if it were mine I’d run a full mass carrier. Unless you want to add weight to the buffer. Weight is weight no matter where it’s at. It blows my mind people spend money on a low mass carrier just to spend more money adding weight to the buffer. I’ve got a 20” rifle with full mass standard SCS and an adjustable gas block. Runs like a top both suppressed and unsuppressed.

Reactions: r.tenorio671