• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR-25 Magazines

RGAmos

Private
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2009
Does anyone here have experience with non-KAC magazines for the SR-25 rifles. Also, aren't the KAC magazines the same spec as the original AR-10 magazine?

Re: SR-25 Magazines

I can't speak of the original AR10 mags but I shoot a Tubb2000 that was shipped with KAC mags. I have used DPMS mags and now have Magpul PMAGs that work great. The KAC allows a little longer OAL but at 100+ per mag, I'll pass. The PMAGs were under 20.00

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DRAM40A1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't speak of the original AR10 mags but I shoot a Tubb2000 that was shipped with KAC mags. I have used DPMS mags and now have Magpul PMAGs that work great. The KAC allows a little longer OAL but at 100+ per mag, I'll pass. The PMAGs were under 20.00 </div></div>

+1 on the Pmag-LR suggestion.

I have used all of the following KAC-pattern mags in addition to the KAC factory mags which just plain aren't worth the ridiculous prices that KAC and retailers are demanding:

1) Magpul LR-20 PMAGS;
2) DPMS LR-308 Mags (4, 10 and 19 round models); and
3) C-Products (5, 10 and 20 round models).

The new PMAGS are THE mags to get. They are 110% reliable out of all the rifles I have used them on, they will hold a true 20 rounds in the mag with a round chambered giving you 20+1 capacity, the PMAGS will allow 175gr Match length factory ammo to load and feed from the mag (and you can actually go a little longer with reloads), and you CANNOT beat the price at approx. $20/mag delivered.

Mark Larue is also in the process of manufacturing a KAC/DPMS compatible 20-round mag for use with the OBR. I haven't been keeping up with the progress on the intro of these mags, but they should be available soon if they aren't yet out. These should also prove to be excellent mags.

I have a repr- DPMS mags suck with this gun. Many misfeeds. The c-product mag that came w/ the gun didn't cause any misfeeds, but might have been causing some light primer strikes. (this is according to LWRC. They have sent me a new mag to try out.) If I keep this gun I will be buying some of the magpul mags.

BTW- if anyone wants to buy 6 DPMS mags....

I had a custom DPMS (built into a Mk11Mod0 configuration) that had issues with DPMS magazines. After alot of work I got them to feed semi-reliably. I switched to KAC magazines and had no feed issues at all. I corresponded with another Hide member that had similar issues. So far I have had zero issues with KAC magazines but had feed issues with C-Products as well (tried one so not a good sample). I have a set of MagPul magazines but sold my last KAC/DPMS/POF patterned gun so have not tried them.

Pat

I've had better luck with SR-25 mags.

I have been manually cycling my REPR to assist break-in -- got a few bolt failure to close problems with the CP mag. When I switched to KAC mags, the rifle cycled with no problem.

I thought the QC on the REPR from the factory was superb, but the moving parts are tight. After manually cycling for 100 rounds and changing to a lighter lube, the gun is smoother than when it arrived from the factory.

Now, I just need to get to range...