• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

SR-25 Range Report

ehall

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2005
kcmo
I had heard all the hype about the Knight's gun but I still couldn't justify the price for a gas gun. I didn't think they could rival my bolt but I was wrong. I had a chance to put some rounds down range on an SR-25 and I am sold. It was every bit as accurate as my GA 308 and was a pleasure to shoot. Combined with the ability to have rapid follow up shots and a very light recoil I was impressed. This gun forced me to rethink using a gas gun as a primary sniper system for LE. The only negative was the suppressor which had nothing to do with Knight's, I don't recall the brand but it had a tendancy to work itself loose. Very Impressive weapon. I'll give the owner of this weapon credit. This gun was brand new and clean. By the end of the day it was quite a mess. No malfunctions after shooting under less than idea conditions all day.
IMG_0866.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

Re: SR-25 Range Report

It's not a Knight's, he told me the manufacturer I just don't remember. It was a can made in this area, Missouri.

What was the price on that weapon? I'm guessing around 7 grand? Since it's LE and Military and all.

Did you shoot the weapon without the suppressor? If so, what were the results?

I don't know the total cost but it is over the 5 grand mark. It shot fine with the can but as the can loosened the shots would begin to string. Obviously no problem with the can removed. It's expensive but in the precision world I would say it is worth the money when doing what it is designed to do.

I have seen reasonable pricing on SR25 between 4 and 6 grand on some of the auction sites. Unfortunately there are some out there that try to get 7-10g's out of them. On the low price point it typically comes with the standard fiberglass fore end. You can pick up the URX rail setup here on the hide for $400(unless its already sold). The prices I mentioned are civi prices. I have no idea how LE/Military pricing goes. I bought mine in 1996 (non-rail) and enjoy shooting it. I don't have the privigle to to do the can. Does it tame the recoil down any?

Cmdecker has a SR25 lw with rail and can ready for $4995.

I don't know how much different the SR25 and the M110 are, but after watching my teammates in the field with them for two weeks and shooting it some, I definitely don't feel the M110 is worth the price asked. I am a believer in the .308 AR platform for LE and intermediate military work, but the Knight's rifles just don't float my boat.

I have a AR10 upper and lower sitting here waiting for my build. When it's done, it will be just as accurate (if not more so) than the M110 for quite a bit less.

My question now is what'd you have to do to get it? I plan on adding one to my collection throughout my life. I would guess you had to call knight up personally and request one?

SR25 match is 24" which is what Seal team supposely originally used. I have no way to verify that other than what was told to me when I bought mine. The MK11 mod0 and the M110 are both 20" barrel versions. When I first looked the new variants they said that they changed a bunch of things (buffer etc) to make the 20" shoot as well as the 24". Since then I've read that real operators don't prefer them past 800 yards. I personnaly haven't shot mine past 300, though I let a corrections offer friend of shoot it for competition and did under 4" group at 1000. His department has the paperwork verifying it.

Like I said keep an eye in the for sale here on the hide and the other auction site to get one. If you try direct from knight or from a local shop you probably get the wait 2 years and maybe if the contracts are done you could have one. I have heard that some police departments still have a year or two wait.

Look at the GAP Ar-10s also. I bailed on an SR-25 in favor of the GAP. The GAP DPMS rifles will shoot too. Better value from GAP in my perspective.

If you want an SR-25, shoot me a PM and I can get you one of the new SR-25 Special LW Match's (and a KAC Mk 11 Mod 0 Suppressor for it). They really are amazing rifles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cmdecker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> They really are amazing rifles. </div></div>
What has it been now, 15-16 years of people saying that?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cmdecker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you want an SR-25, shoot me a PM and I can get you one of the new SR-25 Special LW Match's (and a KAC Mk 11 Mod 0 Suppressor for it). They really are amazing rifles. </div></div>If only I had the money.

[/quote]If only I had the money. [/quote]

...to pay for the armorer in your garage to care for it daily...
...and a magician to add a forward assist...

forward assist is a solution looking for a problem, or a government contract... Why armalite decided to add FA to their AR-10 is beyond me. Last thing you want to do is jam a round into the chamber using FA. Military buyers like it though, and the buyer is always right.

Not much to maintain on an AR-10, unless you fail to lube them and don't work with the gas system. Not the system of choice for velocity hounds, unless maybe RL-17 shows us the way...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bignada</div><div class="ubbcode-body">forward assist is a solution looking for a problem, or a government contract... Why armalite decided to add FA to their AR-10 is beyond me. Last thing you want to do is jam a round into the chamber using FA. Military buyers like it though, and the buyer is always right.

Not much to maintain on an AR-10, unless you fail to lube them and don't work with the gas system. Not the system of choice for velocity hounds, unless maybe RL-17 shows us the way... </div></div>

If you have ever shot a AR w/ a can alot you would like the F/A. Chamber gets real dirty and the F/A helps put the first round in, expecially when you are trying to load the rifle quietly.

I shoot my AR-10 with a can all of the time and I don't do a detailed cleaning until it starts to jam up and that's right around 500-600 rounds. I think Armalite added the FA on the new rifles because of a military contract (Canada) I do believe.

I am able to hit headsized plates with my at 750 yards pretty easliy. I am a believer in the .308 AR for L.E. work....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bignada</div><div class="ubbcode-body">forward assist is a solution looking for a problem, or a government contract... </div></div>
I love it when I read that, since most of my historical reading tells me that gunmakers prefer to be a Big Nothing with infantrymen, instead hoping to please a specialized, expert, that will spend any amount of money to copy or own, what the infantrymen are carrying. Yeah, point to special older people with beards...and still you will find that they have a similiar background -8-10 years of infantry experience beforehand- and first use of the SR-25 experience in 1994-95.

LOL, only kidding...that is one company and one CEO not just focused on getting rich and making money...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forty-One</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
LOL, only kidding...that is one company and one CEO not just focused on getting rich and making money...</div></div><span style="font-size: 17pt">
<span style="font-weight: bold">ONLY KIDDING!</span></span>