• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR25 barrel nut wrench anyone?

alan98

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hello,

I'm looking to borrow a SR25 barrel nut wrench to remove a dimpled barrel from a m110k1 build. I found a SR25 upper and want to switch it over! It has the URX 3.1 rail and it should take the big tube wrench. I'll pay to ship each way and throw some in for your time.

Thanks!

Did you know there are people selling clones of that wrench for less than $100?

Do you need the barrel extension wrench also or just the URX wrench?

I know there are people selling clones of the wrench but the one place I looked it wasn't in stock. Any ones in stock? I'd just buy one!

I think I just need the barrel nut wrench. I have the upper mounted on a reaction rod and borrowed one of the KAC tube style wrenches to get the barrel nut off but it only would slide maybe 3-4 inches past the muzzle and the dimpled barrel was way too big in diameter. Makes me think it has to be for a SR15. I just need to swap the Mega Maten upper for a SR25 upper. I should take less than an hour so I could have it on the way back the next day. Was hoping I could find one since I have it torn apart now, I'd like to get this finished haha

Thank you,

Alan

I know there are people selling clones of the wrench but the one place I looked it wasn't in stock. Any ones in stock? I'd just buy one!

I think I just need the barrel nut wrench. I have the upper mounted on a reaction rod and borrowed one of the KAC tube style wrenches to get the barrel nut off but it only would slide maybe 3-4 inches past the muzzle and the dimpled barrel was way too big in diameter. Makes me think it has to be for a SR15. I just need to swap the Mega Maten upper for a SR25 upper. I should take less than an hour so I could have it on the way back the next day. Was hoping I could find one since I have it torn apart now, I'd like to get this finished haha

Thank you,

Alan

If you don't find anyone that has one you can send it to NS Defense. KAC stuff is pretty much all they do.