• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SR25 bolt in lmt?

hitman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2004
Tampa, FL
Weird question- does anyone know if a complete bcg from an sr25 will run fine in an LMT 308? I know there are very minor differences in the carrier which make them compatible but the lugs on the Knights are rounded, so I am wondering if they will not mate up to the extension on the lmt without issues.

I have a 308 lmt and I have been waiting on a bcg from v1 for almost a year and I am selling one of my SR25 uppers and someone did not want the BCG, so I thought maybe I can use it in my LMT. I dry ran it there fine but I do not have a .308 headspace guage. I have searched alot but seems like some people say it is ok and some say no. So, if you have actually done this please let me know-thanks!

Pretty sure that Gen1 LMT BCG’s are M110 BCG’s. The E3 bolt design is only in the SR-15. Any quality DPMS pattern BCG should work in your MWS. If the carriers aren’t vented the same it would probably amplify the overgassing. I’d verify proper headspace.

ETA: I’ve used a Gen1 MWS/M110 bcg in a build that used a standard DPMS style barrel extension but not the other way around.

Last edited:
Yep, as jsp556 mentioned the bcgs are the same between older SR25s (Mk11/EMR, etc and earlier LMT MWS. I’ve ran my LMT Enhanced bcg in my Mk11 to see if it would work and had no issues; imagine the opposite would also be true.

You can use a fired case and masking tape to compare confirm the headspacing is the same if you have access to both uppers. Just run the one case into both uppers with that same bolt carrier, adding pieces of tape to the casehead until the bolt won’t close on the case once chambered. If each upper takes the same number of pieces of tape, it would imply the headspace is the same (or immaterially different).