• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report SRS v. Tikka Scout: RANGE REPORT!

neoinarien

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 13, 2008
Wisconsin
(yes, I realize there is a forum for this... feel free to move)

So I went to the range today with two friends... one a shooting buddy... the other my new Tikka Scout, 308. My buddy brought his new SRS in 6.5 creed.

After doing some barrel break in and zeroing, we did some shooting!!

Contestant # 1. SRS in 6.5 creed, S&B scope 5-25x 56mm, hornady ammo.

-4.jpg

Contestant #2 2. Tikka Scout in 308. Weaver tactical, 3-10x by 50mm scope, hsm ammo 168gr SMK.

-3.jpg

Due to weather and time constraints, we each only got a few groups off after some break in, etc.

Here were the best. Yes. Only 3 shot groups. Range was 100 yards. 27 degrees F, no few mph cross breeze, light snow. SRS was shot from the bench, as shown. Tikka from prone, as shown (and slung up).

SRS, best group, center to center.

-2-1.jpg

Tikka Sport, best group, center to center.

-1.jpg

Be gentle.

eta: as a note, yes we both reload. Given these rifles were first time out, we both used factory ammo to not void any warranties, etc, if something were wrong.

Re: SRS v. Tikka Scout: RANGE REPORT!

SRS looks better in OD green
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's one sexy SRS... </div></div>

plant!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DeltaDan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SRS looks better in OD green
wink.gif
</div></div>

House Hold 6 disagrees.
she says OD green reminds her of "baby poop green"

Tikka's are great shooters and HSM has some great ammo for the price. It is too bad that Tikka has stopped making the scout. I guess they felt is was eating into their Tactical sales.

If I had to pick between my SRS and my Tikka Tactical, the SRS would be my choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka's are great shooters and HSM has some great ammo for the price. It is too bad that Tikka has stopped making the scout. I guess they felt is was eating into their Tactical sales.

If I had to pick between my SRS and my Tikka Tactical, the SRS would be my choice. </div></div>

Haha, and if you had to PAY for them which would you go?
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neoinarien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka's are great shooters and HSM has some great ammo for the price. It is too bad that Tikka has stopped making the scout. I guess they felt is was eating into their Tactical sales.

If I had to pick between my SRS and my Tikka Tactical, the SRS would be my choice. </div></div>

cool.gif
</div></div>

one has to pay to play. if you want smaller groups than everyone else, it will come at a premium. the Tikka scout would make a great training rifle for the kids though ;-)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neoinarien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka's are great shooters and HSM has some great ammo for the price. It is too bad that Tikka has stopped making the scout. I guess they felt is was eating into their Tactical sales.

cool.gif
</div></div>

one has to pay to play. if you want smaller groups than everyone else, it will come at a premium. the Tikka scout would make a great training rifle for the kids though ;-) </div></div>

At least you admit that you are buying em!
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neoinarien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: par0thead151</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neoinarien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka's are great shooters and HSM has some great ammo for the price. It is too bad that Tikka has stopped making the scout. I guess they felt is was eating into their Tactical sales.

cool.gif
</div></div>

one has to pay to play. if you want smaller groups than everyone else, it will come at a premium. the Tikka scout would make a great training rifle for the kids though ;-) </div></div>

At least you admit that you are buying em!
grin.gif
</div></div>

everything in life has a price. sometimes it is not published, sometimes it is.

in this case, victory over the competition was worth every penny. :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neoinarien</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RMW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Tikka's are great shooters and HSM has some great ammo for the price. It is too bad that Tikka has stopped making the scout. I guess they felt is was eating into their Tactical sales.

cool.gif
</div></div>

I have paid for both. When I purchased the tikka I was not in a financial position to purchase an SRS. Back when i purchased the tikka, i picked up my tactical for the price of a scout today. It has been a great gun, but rarely gets out of the safe these days. I have thought of selling it, but right now I plan on keeping it for my kids to use.

The tikka scout is a great gun. If I only had $900 for a rifle that is the route I woulld go.

Like I said before, i have paid for both and if I could only keep one, it would be the SRS.

Nice looking rifles!!! Can't wait to shoot the Tikka!!

neoinarien said:
(yes, I realize there is a forum for this... feel free to move)

So I went to the range today with two friends... one a shooting buddy... the other my new Tikka Scout, 308. My buddy brought his new SRS in 6.5 creed.

After doing some barrel break in and zeroing, we did some shooting!!