• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors SRT Shadow XL Ti //// Results

copper91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2007
Rapid City, SD
Received the can in middle of Sept. and first barrels threaded are for a 6mm Vais (6.5x55swede necked to 6mm and a 35 degree shoulder added) and a 6mmbr.

6Vais results. This gun is a known shooter and pushes 87v-mx at 3450, lilja 10 twist <span style="text-decoration: underline">27" barrel </span>in an A2,, my coyote gun... Always shoots in the .2's at 100. Screwed can on and shot 2 minutes low,, 2nd shot touched the first... took can off and back to zero. Can back on and 2 minutes low about 1/8" left of the first 2. Zeroed with can on and ran some clicks to see if were the same. Went to 2.0 and touched a 1" dot at 300,, sent another one and about 1" left of first. went to 6.0 and sent one out to 500 at a 2.5" dot. missed dot (more wind than I thought) but vertical was right on. My dad was in the house while shooting but was only hearing the shots with can off. Had about a 15mph wind that was really washing out the supersnic sound of bullet going down range.. Sounded like a you were unhooking a pressure hose at the muzzle,,, very quiet.

6BR results - lilja HV 12 twist 25.5" long pushing 70g NBT's at 3250,,, my prairie dog gun. made sure was zeroed, screwed can on and 1" low at a 100. Again, with and without can proved repeatable results. Zeroed with can on and headed to the nearest dog town. Still had 15mph winds so I can only describe this gun as being airgun quiet with this suppressor. Made me smile to see em blowing up at 300yds when it sounded like it shouldn't shoot across the street.

Both guns had repeatable results with can on with shots being directly low,,, I did end up putting in 1 1/4minute click of windage int he vais and no windage in the br.. Vais was lower but I beleive the 27" barrel was the culprit on that. Only a minute low on the br with the HV 25.5" barrel.

This can is rated up to a 300WM.. Have a 308 and a 300 getting threaded this week..

Very happy with the results of this suppressor and would highly recommend. Watch out coyotes.

Re: SRT Shadow XL Ti //// Results

OUTSTANDING!! I appreciate your review and look forward to any other comments you or anyone else has regarding the ShadowXLs. I have a ShadowLM Ti (.338 Lapua) and a ShadowXL Ti (.300WM) on the way now. I just thought I was impatient before. Damned well am now! It sort of dredges up memories reminiscent of when I was a young kid around Christmas. Dammit, I can hardly wait. Post a pic or two if you can.

Just received my threaded barrels for my 300WM and .308 and am going antelope hunting this weekend so will post some results for the bigger guns. Cyber - when did you send in paperwork for you cans. I sent in April and received in mid sept but well worth the wait.

later

I sent mine in mid last month. The last one I did took just under 3 months. I hope these go as smoothly. I am hoping for a late Christmas present to myself. Either way, as you say, I believe they will be worth the wait. Congrats on yours and I look forward to the pics!

got a few of these is for a couple guys a few months ago, they work very well, and they are light, great for predator hunting when you have to walk long distances.

100_1109.jpg

100_1111.jpg

Hopefully these pics turn out... Anyway, couple pics of my SRT XL Ti on my 6Vais and a Sendero 300WM.

Only got to shoot the 300 on a few times but the SRT again proved phenemonal. Great sound reduction (absolutely no need for ear protection), great recoil reduction (I would say 50%), and no loss of accuracy. I did not have time to do a can off can on POI change but again my gun shot a little over 1moa directly low.

I shot the skinhead antelop at 350 and the goats moved out to about 600 (585 to be exact)... I then had my buddy climb behind the gun... spun the clicks and allowed for a 10mph wind, and he put one through the windbags... he is now sold on the can as well. We put another one down at 350 as well.

Good stuff,,, I haven't got to the 308 yet but I'm guessing it will be the same scenario.

My recommendation of this can continues to go up.

I also just received a HTG Aris 4 and will post on that after I get the little guns up and going with it.

later

Damn you.... just DAMN YOU! I am still prob. 3 months out on the BATF-E wait time on mine!
cry.gif
and you post this. Damned nice looking setup, I can hardly wait for mine to come back. Thanks for posting the pics, at least I can live vicariously through them until mine gets approval.

Do you notice much of a tone difference between the calibers?

I ask this b/c I have a steel SRT that I shoot on both my .308 and .300 WM and there is a tone difference - higher pitched, almost a 'ping' noise on the .300 WM.

I haven't noticed a difference between the 6mm's and the 300wm but I haven't tried it on my 308 yet. It is very quiet on my 300. I don't know if the TAB cover makes a difference but I always have that on. My 300 did not sound that much different than my wildcat 6mm (6vais) which I used to knock these down today...

100_1114.jpg