• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS 10x42 on remington 700 sps tac

skydive91

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
Iowa City, Iowa
I was just wondering what rings and base to get exactly. When I try finding which ones to get there are just so many options and I cant decide which would be best.
Thank you in advance.

Re: SS 10x42 on remington 700 sps tac

In general, the rings you use will depend on the base you get, the barrel contour, and the objective diameter of the scope.

That said, SS's can be mounted low. I have low Badger rings mounted to mine, and I swap it from base to base at will.

Maybe get a Badger base and use Badger low rings.

Let your budget be your guide. If you are not familiar with a particular manufacturer odds are a search here on the hide will get you some results.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Elxx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...200#Post1437200

We pretty much have the same rifle. I got the EGW 20moa base and xtr 30mm lows. Worked perfectly. </div></div>

Same setup I have on my 5r. WIll be perfect for your rifle.

bager 20MOA base and XTR lows on my remmy 700 as well. varmint/police contour barrel. theres about a .25'' gap b/w the barrel and butler flip up on the objective's bell