• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS 10x42 turret knobs working loose

Solothurn

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2008
Alabama
The set screws holding the turret knobs on my 2-month old SWFA SS 10x42 scope are loosening from recoil. My first thought is to use medium-strength loc-tite on the screws.

Is there any problem with that, or does anybody have a better solution (aside from buying a USO 10x
smile.gif
?

Re: SS 10x42 turret knobs working loose

nail polish

blue loctite as most

Just tighten them down with more torque so the screws will bite and you will be good to go.

If you do use blue lock tight, put a little on the screws, then take a lighter/flame to the screws with the lock tight on them so they will dry a little before you put them on. That will keep them snug and make it easier to get off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Solothurn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The set screws holding the turret knobs on my 2-month old SWFA SS 10x42 scope are loosening from recoil. My first thought is to use medium-strength loc-tite on the screws.

Is there any problem with that, or does anybody have a better solution (aside from buying a USO 10x
smile.gif
?</div></div>

Take the set screw out, while still on the allen wrench, roll lightly in a red color lock tight and re-tighten and let dry a couple hours before shooting. Do not use the blue. You will net get them off. Then you should be good to go.