• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes SS 10x42 VS Nikko Stirling 5-20x50

SANDEDfaceless

Private
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2008
I have shot with the Super Sniper and it is a very nice scope for the price. I am on a 4 to 5 hundred dollar budget and I have not really heard anything about Nikko Stirling... any thoughts?

P.S. I will be mounting it on a FN PBR XP 308

Thank you!

Re: SS 10x42 VS Nikko Stirling 5-20x50

Haven't heard anything about them either. If you want a high mag scope on a budget I would recommend the 6.5-20X44 Vortex Viper on sale at Camera Land. It is $260 shipped and is very nice glass for the money. It also tracks spot on and has a very good warranty. The only down side is it has the wide-plex ret. If you want a Mil-dot or BDC ret. it will cost more.

Spend your money on the SS and you won't ever have to worry about accurate clicks or it ever going bad because the SS is known for never having issues with either.

Good luck,
Merritt

Well now that I have read a bunch more, I think I might even look into getting a Vortex. I like their prices and from the sounds of it they make a quality product.

Thanks for the info!!

I don't think the Nikko Stirling is worth spending your money on. I feel you'd be better off with a Vortex or Super Sniper.

Anyone have experiance with a Millett 4-16x50 TRS-1? Or Millett in general?

Thanks