• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS 5-20x -vs- Vortex Viper PST FFP

michael_aos

Sergeant
Minuteman
I've got a SS 5-20x. I'm just getting it mounted up on a Remington 700 SPS Tactical .223.

Seems OK, but I haven't actually used it yet.

I've got two more on-order.

For those that have both, how would you say the Vortex Viper PST FFP compares to the SS 5-20x?

I was just looking at the EBR-1 reticle, and on-paper I think I might prefer it to "mil quad" reticle of the SS.

I'm not really sure how the scopes compare otherwise.
--

Re: SS 5-20x -vs- Vortex Viper PST FFP

I just finished mounting my 4-16 MRAD ffp PST on my .223 and I have an SS HD 5-20 on my .308. I just got done telling Scott at Liberty Optics how gorgeous that damn PST is. I have yet to shoot the PST, but as it stands, I really do like the SS mil-quad reticle. All in all, with both of these scopes on my primary rifles, I'm one happy SOB. You cannot go wrong with either. The performance on my SS has proven very strong and reliable. I have owned a standard 6.5-20 Viper and shot out to 1200 with it no problems at all. I'm sure the PST will stack up as well.