• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes SS ok for 308?

Re: SS ok for 308?

SS scopes are rated for 50 bmg, and the guys at SWFA have ridiculously good customer service in case it does crap out on you.

Yes, but I would get the 10x. They are a best buy for the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I shoot is targets. No hunting just cardboard. </div></div>

You my want the 16X. I have fixed 10X scopes and I've found myself wishing for a little more power with them way more than I've found myself wishing for less power when I'm on my 16X's.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok. Is the 10x ok for up to 1000yds? </div></div>

OK, yes
Optimal-oh hell no!!

10x here. We can only get a little over 550 yards at the range. The scope is not lacking.

I bought one of the very first SS 10X42M scopes when they were first introduced which was one of the left over Military contract models. I've had it on a 700PSS .308 for God knows how many years and never had a problem. It tracks perfectly and is as clear as the day I bought it. You can't ask for more than that.

Danny

Danny,

Is the objective lens at the very end of the scope?

Does it have a three digit serial number on the bottom of it?

If so, wanna trade it even up for a brand new 2010 model?