• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SS190 5.7x28 AP ammo

Re: SS190 5.7x28 AP ammo

It's only available to LE/Mil agency orders direct from FN. Contact your FN sales rep.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's only available to LE/Mil agency orders direct from FN. Contact your FN sales rep.</div></div>

Current production, yes. But you can find some for sale here and there. It's not cheap though. Can't remember the price last time I looked. Never bought any myself.

It's about 10 dollars per round! I usually see a box of 50 go anywhere from 450-500 dollars. Check with your local and state laws if it's even legal to own. It's classified as a pistol cartridge not rifle, so that is why it's illegal to own in many places.

I have some, but don't have any use for it. Was going to investigate what it was worth, so as to sell it.

Don't plan to fend off any zombies wearing armor. Zombieland convinced me that extreme cardio is just as good

Be advised, it is considered AP pistol ammo, and therefore illegal under Fedreal law for non-LE to have/sell.

Elite Ammo manufactures their own AP in 5.7x28 but, natch, it's for sale to LEOs and military only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CoryT</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Be advised, it is considered AP pistol ammo, and therefore illegal under Fedreal law for non-LE to have/sell.</div></div>

This is incorrect to the best of my knowledge. SS190 is considered to be AP ammo, but the possession or sale by non-licensees (private individuals) appears not to be prohibited by federal law.

Some quick research on www.atf.gov indicates that it's only illegal for manufacturers, importers, or dealers to sell or transfer AP ammunition to non-authorized entities (ie, anyone other than LE or .mil). There are no federal restrictions I can find anywhere in the GCA regarding possession or sale of AP by non-licensees. In fact, in page 53 of this ATF publication (http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5300-4.pdf), the following statement is made regarding C&R license holders:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A collectors license is not necessary to
receive or dispose of ammunition, and <span style="font-weight: bold">a
licensed collector is not precluded by law
from receiving or disposing of armor piercing
ammunition.</span> However, a licensed collector
may not dispose of any ammunition
to a person prohibited from receiving or
possessing ammunition (see § 478.99(c)).
Any licensed collector who disposes of
armor piercing ammunition must record
the disposition as required by § 478.125
(a) and (b).</div></div>

That statement reads quite clearly as an indicator that ATF controls over AP extend only to entities licensed by ATF to engage in business - if it doesn't even cover collectors licenses, then it's hard to believe there would be any regulations on private individuals.

On the other hand, plenty of states have state-specific laws regarding AP ammunition, and who can possess/buy/sell said ammo.

I will agree I have seen it from 400-500 each box.

However if anyone wants some for $225 per box let me know

Necro bump,

But I am looking for 5-10 rounds for testing.