• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SSA Ammunition

NoveSPR

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2010
Gov. Blago's Paradise
Does anyone have experience with Silver State Armory Ammo. Specifically, in 5.56 77gr. I've seen it on Gunbroker and much cheaper on the Cabelas website but have no personal experience. BTW, any good deals (cheap) on Black Hills 77 gr or Hornady TAP LE 75's.

Re: SSA Ammunition

It shoots about the same as Black Hills 77gr red box. Same POA for me. Uses LC brass.

Their 6.8 SPC brass is the shizzle, very high quality.

Ive seen reports on the 6.8 but nothing on the 5.56. I was under the belief that they made their own brass. Maybe not..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NoveSPR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive seen reports on the 6.8 but nothing on the 5.56. I was under the belief that they made their own brass. Maybe not.. </div></div>

Yes SSA has it's own brass and it is good brass to reload. I shoot SSA 6.8mm loads for my hunting rigs and it is good stuff. I am more then sure that their 223 ammunition is good to go.