• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing SSG-3000/STR-200 barrel importation?

Sid Post

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 13, 2006
Texas and Oklahoma, USA
I'm looking for a 6.5x55 barrel for my US built SSG-3000. I have read in broken English/Norwegian translations that both share a common barrel. Has anyone managed to import a barrel for this rifle? Or, have I missed a domestic manufacturer?

I'm not really interested in sacrificing an existing barrel to make an adapter.

TIA,
Sid

I bought a 200STR a few years ago and it is possible to import them to Canada, at least. There is a barrel maker in the UK, Border Barrels, who can sell you a barrel with adapter for a reasonable price.

I created a thread on kammeret.no in regards to ordering parts and accessories. I would recommend asking there.

Considering that Norway and Sweden are the main markets for these rifles, I think it is a good place to start looking.

I recently contacted a German supplier of Sauer barrels, who informed me of the extensive costs associates with exporting from the EU, so be aware if that is your plan. Norway may be your best bet.

At the moment I am interested in purchasing a genuine .308 Sauer 200 TR barrel but it is a rather hard thing to find. If I find anything substantial I'll remember to post a follow up here.

Hello, i remember seeing a guy post here on the forum mentioning he had bought a barrel from gesab in sweden(skyttetjanst.se) however i dont know if he lived in the us or in europe, but send a email to gesab and ask. They have both the .308 and 6.5x55 in the standarn lengths in stock (67, 70, 74 cm, divide by 2.54 to get inches) their mail adress is [email protected]

// Johan from sweden.

I wrote the wrong email adress, its the other way around, [email protected]

Tomorow i will post the names and email adresses of some shops in norway that has barrels, since they are outside the eu it might be easier there.