• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ssg 69 accuracy

2525ken

Private
Minuteman
Sep 7, 2014
Well men, I have been wanting a good hunting rifle that is not heavy but extremely accurate. I have the nice scalpel and Larue but these are heavy as a horse thus my search for a extremely accurate rifle that want break the bank. I have heard and read much about this Ssg 69 and finally purchased one and have recently put it thru it’s paces at my Tennessee farm. I did purchase the after market mag holder that will hold the five round or ten round metal mags. It was pricey but made a lot of difference as the five round routery mag just did not seem to work well. I started with the 168 grain match and was sorter impressed at 100 yards with 1 1/2 inch groups ( expected better) but did not not spend a lot it time at that distance. When out to 300 and this is where she began to shine. Shot several 5 shots groups and averaged about 2 inches with one or two flyers. Really feel like it could do much better but some practice. Then when to 400 and was getting 4 inch metals targets with ease. Will try today at 500 and 600 and see what she does. So far fairly impressed. Ken in Tennessee

I use to shoot the SSG P11K with the 20" barrel and it was a outstanding little rifle.

Buy a spare firing pin or two. They tend to break. Ask me how I know...

The SSG69 Sniper had to pass a test at the factory; 10 shots inside 10cm@300m.
The SSG Match; 10 shots inside 7.5cm@300m.
This was the testing regime at the end of the 70'ies.

@TorF Thanks for that info. Given that 1 moa @300m = 87.27 mm … 10 shots within 100mm @300m in the 1970s is not too shabby for what was later known as the SSG 69 P I.