• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos SSG 69 "Das Brute"

steve m

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2002
Los Angeles, CA, USA
SSG69 PIIK
MCM stock
USO rail
S&B 4-16x50 PM2
Badger FTE

Almost sold this rifle, so glad I did not. It's a brute, very handy with the shorter barrel (18.5") done by GAP.

Re: SSG 69 "Das Brute"

Very nice!
Is that 18.5" with the break on?
What distance have you taken it to? We have a 20" that we took out to 1400y. I would think that 18.5 would do the same.

Thanks for the kind words guys, the bbl is 18.5" plus the FTE.
GAP did their usual superb machining, so the OAL is just over what stock is, and of course the recoil decrease substantial.

The only other mods planned are a limbsaver recoil pad, and possibly a camo job.

So far only shot it out to 100 on a quick sighting in, but will definately stretch it out next range trip, we can hit metal out to 600 and rocks out to @ 900.

Tiger, I'd love to build one of these. I presume that is a short action McMillan SBS stock? Was there any fitting required and did you have to bed the stock? Also, is the picatinny rail screwed on? What model is it? Are those badger ordnance rings? I'd like the longer barrel version with a threaded end for a SAS Ti suppressor with QD muzzle break. Someone recently recommended a salt bath treatment on my Steyr rifles. Are you famaliar with this treatment? Supposedly it prevents corrosion, increases barrel life and increases muzzle velocity. Any thoughts?

Ok, I see it's a USO rail, I presume GAP tapped your receiver? Which rings did you use? Did GAP bed the stock? Thanks Tiger!

Thanks,
Driver

that is by far the best Steyr I have ever seen. So, when are you going to sell it
grin.gif

Tiger,

I'm trying to fit a Steyr recoil pad to my new SSG 69 McMillan stock. It appears that you have one on yours. How did you fit it to the stock. My McMillan has a two screw attachment system with a 3" spacing and the stock is flat as a board behind the McMillan recoil pad system. Steyr recoil pads use a snap on recoil pad and snap on spaders which are sometimes fit to a molded stock. I've talked to Steyr, Trussville, AL, and they have no idea how to do it.

Here is a photo of how the spacer and recoil pad snaps on... each one has this same shape, snapping one to the other as you work your way back to the recoil pad, which caps the last one. I have to find a way to screw this shape onto the stock to snap the steyr reciol pad to the stock...

[image]http://www.expeditionexchange.com/johnlee/scout001%20080.JPG[/image]

Kind regards,

'Driver

that is EXACTLY what i want to do to mine. very nice.