• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SSS savage stocks

CL1KKL4C

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 25, 2009
Michigan
Been looking at these alot lately, wondering if anyone went with it and how they chose to finish it. Pictures would be greatly appreciated.

Re: SSS savage stocks

This is a Savage Mark II. The stock is a SSS in black. I would not do another SSS product! Lousy service, and an average product at best.

Try Kevin Rayhill at Stockade Rifle Stocks http://www.stockadegunstocks.com/

Kevin did a Prariedog/Tac stock for my buddies Mark II and it is the bomdigidy.

markiis.jpg

Thnks for taking the time to post TMan. The few people I have talked to about the stocks say the same thing "customer service was poor" That said Ive decided to keep looking, although I know the MKII market is rather small, the stockade site looks rather promising though
grin.gif
Thanks again

I've only ever had good customer service with SSS. That said, Bell and Carlson might be releasing a stock for the MKII that I'd prefer. I'll try and find the thread.

Found it

Looks like its a nogo for now. Bummer
frown.gif

Well actually the people I talked to said the wait was pretty drawn out and long(sometimes 10 or more weeks) not necessarily poor customer service. I remember following that B&C thread before I purchased my MKII wish something would have come of it,, Oh well... thanks for your opinion Austan

You guys have to remember that Sharp Shooters Supply is only a 2 person operation. If they take a small break or family things, the wait may be a little longer.
When I dealt with them, service was great. I no longer have my Savage, but if i did I would deal with them with no questions asked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Kevin did a Prariedog/Tac stock for my buddies Mark II </div></div>

Do you got any pics of your pards rig???

I didnt realize SSS was a 2 person deal, puts everything into a whole new perspective. Thanks for the info 328

CL1KKL4C,

Fred and Lisa are really great to work with. Some times things are somewhat slow, but they do what they can. They get real busy.
If you ever get a chance to call them, Lisa is great, and Fred knows Savages inside and out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

i gave a call to Stockade today and was told that they are swamped with orders and could not inlet any stocks for the Mark II for six months or more unless he had a group of them to do and make it worth the set up time. He didnt say an exact number but that might be something to set up a group by for if enough people are wanting stockade stocks before next year.

Sounds like a good idea, and I deff might be intrested. However, Im sure they would require a rather substantial number of stocks, and would probably want everyone to choose the same mold. Just my thought

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: paradoxpictures</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tman300wm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

i gave a call to Stockade today and was told that they are swamped with orders and could not inlet any stocks for the Mark II for six months or more unless he had a group of them to do and make it worth the set up time. He didnt say an exact number but that might be something to set up a group by for if enough people are wanting stockade stocks before next year. </div></div>

So did you talk to Kevin about this dirrectly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: long range dogr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So did you talk to Kevin about this dirrectly?</div></div>

I don't know. I talked to whoever it was that answered the phone and he talked like he was the guy in charge. To be honest he didn't sound like he was looking to do any rimfire stocks anytime soon. I think he has enough business doing less complicated projects lined up to worry about it for now. He did throw out the part about doing it if he had enough orders but i think that was mainly a consolation. I mainly called out of curiosity. I would like a stock from them but I just got a SSS stock that I waited 4 months for and I'm not really in the market to wait 6+ more months for another right now even if it is really cool.

post some pics when you get your SSS setup. I think I might just go that route and patiently wait
cry.gif

SSS is top notch in everything they do. They did add a 3rd person but still they are swamped. Get a SSS you wont regret it.

Here's my MKII BV, similar to Tman's. I'm very happy with mine, it took about 7 weeks to get. I had a local gunsmith pillar bed it for me. I haven't had any troubles with it, I think the SSS people are top notch.

SDC10397.JPG

My SSS savage stock is very well made and fit like a glove. Your looking at a 3 month wait and not 6 weeks. When ever I emailed them they did respond and was provided updates on delivery. Thanks Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont have a stock but my experience with savage was short and terrible i will never own their top of the line if it was given to me. No offense but they are pitiful. sorry fellows if this makes you mad </div></div>

It dosn't make me mad.I just dont understand how it's relevant to this post?

I have both an SSS and a Stockade, now I will say that the SSS quality is a bit lacking but not a bad buy and there service does suck!! That being said the wait for a Stockade blows but worth every moment!! They make a great stock!!

Kapac

I ordered my SSS rimfire stock on 5 May 09.

It is now 17 July 09

I was quoted 5 weeks.

Its now 10 weeks today.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kapac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have both an SSS and a Stockade, now I will say that the SSS quality is a bit lacking but not a bad buy and there service does suck!! That being said the wait for a Stockade blows but worth every moment!! They make a great stock!!

Kapac </div></div>

which stockade model did you choose?

I am on 14 weeks now.

Just to let you know.

BTW this is for a un-inletted stock too.

John

I am at 10 weeks and counting. Actualy I began making my own stock. I figure it will be done about the same time I get my SSS stock. If so it ( SSS stock) will be up for sale. In the meantime I found this.

SilhouetteRHSide8inch1.jpg

They have a lot to choose from. Has anyone ever ordered from them. Wait Time???

Here is the site: http://www.rifle-stocks.com/target_style's.htm

Actually a couple fellas on RFC got the richards microfit for their MKIIs. They said the inletting wasn't the best; far from a "drop in" stock, they made it work though.

I've just been waiting for someone to jump on the MKII stocks. Seems like there's potential for alot of money there, and I want a trainer to go with my 10fp(also waiting for a stock) Ill give B&C untill the winter to jump on it. If not I think Im just gonna get two P-Dog/Tacs from stockade and endure the wait.

I have been waiting for 10 weeks for a SSS stock and it still is not really what I want. To replicate a training rifle that is the same as my 2 AICS rifles I have started making a replica of the AICS chassis for the MKII. The mag well is in the wrong place to try and adapt the MKII to an exsisting AICS chassis so a complete new chassis is needed. I will start a new post later on the complete project.
I did see a AICS airsoft post earlier. This will also have areas to add lead or steel in different places to allow you to make the weight and balance exactly like my 308 AICS.
I also have been waiting for Stiller to release the 22 lr actions in a repeater. AICS chassis awaits.
Its Hell being impatient.

I have an SSS stock on my MKII and have been extremely pleased with it. It is very solid, and fits me well. The wait was very long for it (many months, but I don't recall how many), but that was expected going in.

Frankly, I approach custom orders like stocks and holsters with the outlook that it will probably be a loooong time before my order is filled, regardless of the time quoted. That is just the rub with custom orders, unfortunately, particularly with smaller outfits.

You are correct Target Terror. I always expect double the quoted wait time and if it shows up earlier I am happy. If I have no contact at all and the time quoted is double that quoted I start inquiring pretty extensivly.
In my business I am always trying to keep into the time quoted. If not communication is paramount.
Unfortunatly if the time frame gets really bad remember the squeeky wheel usualy gets taken care of. I always give any company all the options for communication and ways of working things out before I get aggressive.
So far SSS has been good and a long wait is ahead of me.

And I thought the ATV/Watercraft business was bad on delivery times. We used to have 10 employees but not it is just me and my wife. Small business have a hard time keeping up.

On a side note, How about a pic of that stockade mkII stock. I bet if you put it up, the demand would really grow and we could get a order in

IMG_0097.JPG

IMG_0100.JPG

Mine took about 3x longer than they told me it would and required a bit of fiddling with the inletting before things would fit just right, but in the end I'm happy with the results. Communication/customer service was horrible though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shootinsurveyor</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On a side note, How about a pic of that stockade mkII stock. I bet if you put it up, the demand would really grow and we could get a order in </div></div>

I agree. I'd deff like to see a few, although Im sure they'll be identical to the ones one stockades site
wink.gif

Like I said earlier if they find time to inlet for rimfires I'll prolly buy 2 PDog/Tacts 1 for my MKII and 1 for my 10fp. I'd love to have a matching trainer. I'm sure a few others would aswell.

I got my stock in.

it took 4 months and the wrong wood color, I ordered three studs, two in the front, one rear, they sent me only two.

Very upset, but F%^k it.

I will never order any more, "I was going out out fit my company with 10 stocks soon" for trainer rifles.

But its nothing a can of spray paint can not fix

POS CS guys

John

I feel for you J.Boyette. I have been super busy working and have not had time to work on my pet project. It looks like the work has slowed and I will soon be able to finish my AICS clone for a MK II . I picked that style as I shoot a AICS chassis in 308 and 300 WM . As I progress I will start a new post for that particular project..

As for my SSS stock still waiting. I am also a small business and overworked but I keep my customers informed as to the real lead time. I will actually overquote lead times so I have a cushion. Someday when I recieve my SSS stock I will add to this post what my SSS experience was.

Some points.

Since this was my first time trying to inlet a rifle stock, its a good thing it was not in the color I asked for.

I had some lessons learned in this process that wold of made me REAL pissed!!! If it was how I wanted the riflestock in the first place .

But at this time the CZ 452 LUX sits in the SSS stock just fine.

As soon as I have it done I will take some pic's and show it off to you all.

John

Here it is all done up

<span style="font-weight: bold">Click on the Pic</span>

John

Very nice! Given the lack of other options, would you say it's worth it? I'm growing tired of the crappy feel and slip on butt pad to make my .17 long enough for me. Modifying the existing stock has merits, but I'd still have the cheap stock under anything I'd do to make it better. I was really hoping for the B and C, looks like that won't happen now though.

I'm really suprised no one has really jumped on the market for MKII stocks. It seems to be a popular trainer for those not ready to spend a fortune on a rimfire.