• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SST vs. Interbond

HawkeyeEngineer

Private
Minuteman
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Has anyone tested accuracy differences when switching an SST load with the Interbond of the same weight, (keeping everything equal except the bullet)?

I'm interested in using the Interbond for hunting and I currently use the 180gr .308 SST.

Re: SST vs. Interbond

Yes, but in 7mm though. The point of impact changed about 1/2... but still ran 1/2 minute with the same charge. Every barrel is diffent and may not shoot both as nice as you want too. Try em in your rig and see how they do.

They are identical externally, and I believe use the same dies to make them. The 308 Win we shot them in (150 grain IB and SST) had no POI shift at 100 yards with the same data. I have always had good results with the SST.

Thanks for the posts. Like I said, I use the SST in my 308, but I'm going to be using my 30-06 for an elk hunt in October. I don't have a load worked up yet so I want to work on an SST load and then change over to the Interbond before I head that way (don't worry, I'll test the load). I was hoping it would reduce the amount of $$$ and time required, as I don't get to the range as often as I need to.

Hornady is also claiming no need to change recipes when switching to their new GMX line (similar to Barnes TSX) from either SST or Interbond.

Would be interesting to see how the GMX recipe transfers as well, especially if you're using it on elk.