• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ST-10- 37 or 44mm objective?

Re: ST-10- 37 or 44mm objective?

37mm will mount lower of course, assuming the eye piece is not the limiting factor (interfere with bolt).

However, at 10x, the 37mm will have a 3.7mm exit pupil vs. 4.4 of the 44mm. 3.7 isn't bad, but it's nice to keep it at 4 or more in my opinion. Then again, with that quality of glass in the USO I wouldn't worry about it.

I'd probably go 37mm as I can't stand high mounted scopes. I like keeping them as low as possible.

You won't have any exit pupil problems with the 37mm objective at 10x, unless you shoot in very low light.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoploman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd probably go 37mm as I can't stand high mounted scopes. I like keeping them as low as possible. </div></div>

Its depend on what kind of base you use, look at this pic, who says 44mm is that bad?

_DSC0103.jpg

For my SPR I went 37mm. Its VERY clear, at least as clear as my 44mm SN3. I'm glad I went 37mm because later I mounted a Jpoint at 1:00 on the forearm (JP/Vtac) and if I had a bigger objective it would block it.
Jpoint001.jpg

Jpoint002-1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GoB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hoploman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd probably go 37mm as I can't stand high mounted scopes. I like keeping them as low as possible. </div></div>

Its depend on what kind of base you use, look at this pic, who says 44mm is that bad?

_DSC0103.jpg
</div></div>

OMG, that is so awesome. Thanks for posting that pic, I can't wait to get mine. I'm gonna stick with the 44mm.

if you haven't ordered yet there's a moa ST10 in the WTT/WTB forum......

007.jpg

mine is a 44mm mounted in low m4 rings on a badger 20moa base. clears everything with good eye relief and i love it.