• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

St. Lucia in the Caribbean- anyone been?

ChadTRG42

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2007
Dallas, Texas
www.dallasreloads.com
We are planning a trip to St. Lucia for our 10 year wedding anniversary, and I was wondering if anyone has been there. I'd like to hear from someone who has already been. What are the must do's and what would you do different? Where did you stay, and did you like it, would you go back?
We will be getting scuba certified in the next month or two for scuba diving there. And the zip line is a must! Anything else!!??
Thanks!

Chad

Re: St. Lucia in the Caribbean- anyone been?

Scuba, scuba, and more scuba. St Lucia has some of the nicest reefs in the Carib. I highly recommend getting Nitrox Certified at the same time you do your basic scuba certification. It doesnt cost that much more, and is much easier to just do it right off the bat. Breathing Nitrox can / and usually does provide you with longer dive times due to less nitrogen build up. It also shortens your surface intervals. My wife and I did the exact same thing before we went to Bora Bora.

Yea the zip line is a must. The scuba is great,and we also did a booze cruise around the Island on a ship from Pirates of the caribbean. Which was neat. The main thing I did was drink Piton beer and there rum.

Chad, you're in for a great trip. My wife and I stayed in St Lucia for ten days in September and it was one of the best vacations I've been on.

If you haven't made hotel reservations yet and you're planning on scuba diving, stay at Anse Chastenet . It's just outside of Soufriere, about 45 minutes up the west coast from the airport. My wife and I stayed at Coconut Bay in Vieux Fort. It was alright, but if I had it to do all over again I'd stay at Anse Chastenet. They've got a 5-star PADI resort, a marine reserve just off the beach that's great for beginner divers, and great service.

Outside of diving, I'd rent a driver to do a private tour of the island for a day. Make sure you hit the rum distillery while you're there and pick up some top shelf Admiral Rodney's rum. It's excellent.

PM me if you need more specific details. You'll love St Lucia.

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon back in Sept. We stayed at Sandles. We are already planning on going back. They treat you like gold at Sandles. Only things that we did was to go on the Zip Line. That was a lot of fun. My wife is scared of heights but she still loved it. And we also went on the whale watch. All we saw was a bunch of dolphins but that was real cool.

Awesome! Very good info! There are about 4 or 5 resorts/hotels we are lookig at, several mentioned here. Keep the suggestions coming!
Thank you!

My wife and I went there on our Honeymoon 2 years ago with the Sandals Resort Halceon Bay and it was absolutely awesome and yes go SCUBA / Snorkling, cant wait to go back

Chad you will have a good time. My wife and I stayed at Ti Kaye Village. You get your own cottage and ours had its own plunge pool. The staff was there was great. They had vans that would take you where you wanted to go for free. We went scuba diving for the first time at this resort. The zip line was fun. One thing I would recommend is if whichever resort you pick is at one end of the island and the airport is on the other, get a water taxi. It's more expensive, but was worth the money to me. When we arrived the resort had a driver there to pick us up. It was an hour and a half drive to the resort. Much faster going back to the airport by water when it was time to leave. Those roads are windier than hell.