• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes ST10 Upgrade?

03psd

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2006
Oklahoma
Long story short, I bought an older ST10 from member ArticLight here. He was going to upgrade to an MST100 but it didn't happen for whatever reason. He is interested in getting his scope back. I am not opposed to working a trade but I honestly don't know what upgrades I would want or if they would have comparable value to the scope I got from him. Here's the original deal

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...046#Post1055046

I am considering going to milliradians but have never used them and my other scopes are MOA. The EREK is interesting but I dont know the quality of the newer models versus the older. GAP reticle, maybe?

If you had $1350 to spend on ST10 and rings how would you spec it out?

If I can get something that is comparable in quality and is an upgrade for me and reunites ArticLight with something that has sentimental value to him, I want to do it.

Re: ST10 Upgrade?

37mm adjustable obj
erek 1/10
m40 1/10
low profile
mil dot, since non-numbered mil scale is only in the 17x and 22x
frown.gif

I would spec it with the MOA scale reticle(IPHY) or the JNGMOA.
Unlit, 1/2 IPHY EREK, slimline windage(if they can do this), 37mm ERGO, 30mm tube.

Of course, I prefer IPHY to MOA or Mil.
To each his own.

I prefer to dial elevation and hold windage, so the slimline knob on the windage would leave it with a very low side profile.
The EREK is already pretty low profile.

If I were to order an ST10 for myself (I have one: type1 moa, illum red, 37mm Ergo, #3 1/4 moa turrets-bought from what CSGunworks had in stock-not ordered exactly what I want), here is what it would be:
ST-1000

Base price $945

ERGO Upgrade - 200.00
37mm - Standard Option
EREK 1/10 MIL - 175.00
U.S. #1 1/10 MIL - Standard Option
30mm - Standard Option
Mil-Scale GAP - 86.00

$1406

What I would do is have the windage put on the left side.

Base price $945
No options selected.
Fixed - Standard Option
44mm Low Profile - Standard Option
EREK 1/10 MIL - 175.00
U.S. #3 M40 Style 1/10 MIL - 65.00
No Tube selected.
No Color selected.
Mil-Scale MPR - 86.00
No Reticle Lighting selected.
Lo Profile Housing - Standard Option
Rapid Focus - Standard Option

That would be how I'd order mine... And order some BO rings.

Thanks guys- here's what i decided and went with.

ST-1000
# ERGO Upgrade
# 44mm Low Profile
# EREK 1/10 MIL
# U.S. #1 M40 Style 1/10 MIL LEFT SIDE of TUBE
# 30mm
# No Color selected.
# Mil-Scale GAP
# No Reticle Lighting selected.
# Lo Profile Housing
# Rapid Focus

Good choice, esp the left side windage
wink.gif

I'd ask them to build it in a tube that can have illumination added later (I don't think it costs extra). If you don't you can't add it later if you decide to.
Having shot a match with a night shoot I won't be caught w/out an illumination option again. Prior to that, I thought it was pretty needless.