• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

StaBALL 6.5 for .223?

Olen_4504

[ ]
Supporter
Minuteman
May 16, 2018
Montpelier, Virginia
Anyone here using the StaBALL powder in their .223 trainers?

I'm waiting for the rest of my stuff to come in - but I have 1lb of it laying around and i'm gonna be trying it with the 75g ELD.

I am curious who else has done it and results?

IMO there are far more suitable powders for .223 than what you're suggesting. While I do not have personal experience with 6.5StaBall I'd wager it's too slow to get the pressure up. Last I looked it's about H4350/Re16 burn rate, but gives a greater load density (more will fit in the case). I'm cracking kernals of Varget loading 77SMKs in my .223; it's greater than 100% load density. 26-27gr of StaBall isn't going to net you what you're after. For $30 a pound go with something else.

Thanks. Only reason I’m trying it is because I have a pound I’m not using for anything else.

if this doesn’t work I’ll go with 8208 or varget (if I can find any lol)

Thanks. Only reason I’m trying it is because I have a pound I’m not using for anything else.

if this doesn’t work I’ll go with 8208 or varget (if I can find any lol)
Did you ever try staball 6.5 in 223? I've looked at a few loads with it and they all look to net pretty good velocity with heavier bullets. I'm going to try it with 77TMK's.

Use staball Match for .223. NOT staball 6.5.

I am using in in .223 with great speed but groups are needing work.

Lmao didn’t know this was a necro thread and stable match wasn’t a thing in 2020.

Use staball Match for .223. NOT staball 6.5.

I am using in in .223 with great speed but groups are needing work.

Lmao didn’t know this was a necro thread and stable match wasn’t a thing in 2020.
Hodgdons website listed both of them for 223. I might try it just to see how it does.