• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

staball powder in the 25 creedmoor results

Lesco Brandon

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 1, 2018
Winchester Staball 6.5 powder ladder test using BJ 131g ACE, peterson SRP brass, CCI 400 primers. At 44.9g there was an increase in recoil. At 45.2g there was pressure signs including increased bolt lift effort and the start of flattening primers. At 45.5g there was significant pressure and this load is unsafe.

Groups are 3 shots per charge weight. Bullets seated .035" OTL as my previous load favors this seating depth. 44g was stacked on top of each other. I'm tempted to play around between 44.6 and 44.9 to see what can be had.

MPA curtis axiom action, bartlein 28", supressor

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 415
  • staball 25CM FPS.JPG
    staball 25CM FPS.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 420
  • IMG_3982.JPG
    IMG_3982.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 451
Interesting new powder. Were you using 4350 before?

BTW, that 131 really likes that upper 2900s. Blackjack is always pushing the limit though. I'm comfortably stuck around 2940 on the wicked 25-06 overbore.

Reactions: canezach
Oh yeah, almost forgot. Max load minus .5 grains.

Barrel heat? Winchester 748 BALL powder is touted as producing less barrel heat, prolonging barrel life. How about StaBALL 6.5 powder? I like longer barrel life.

BTW, that 131 really likes that upper 2900s. Blackjack is always pushing the limit though. I'm comfortably stuck around 2940 on the wicked 25-06 overbore.

I was just going to say the same thing. My 25 Creedmoor load is 42.2 grains of RL16 in Starline small rifle brass and it shoots incredibly well at 2974

@JesseB81 when you get a chance, test the temp stability, please! I'm interested in Staball, but only if it offers the temp stability they advertise

Reactions: Lesco Brandon
That 44.0gr looks great. Accurate, consistent, and pretty good velocity.

Bump... Any recent updates or results... I will be using StaBall 6.5 with CCI 400's, Alpha SRP brass, and Berger 133 Elites once my barrel arrives.