• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Staball6.5 temp adjustment ..

granite wagon

bottle washer
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2021
NC
Running a single lot# of staball6.5 in 2 6creed barrels with WLR primers in 1 barrel & f210 primers in the other..
Both on same brass & same ( 2 ) bullets. Berger 108mbt & Berger 108elite / both bullets ran in both barrels!

Oddly our weather here on the inner banks of NC has provided a temp swing from 24degree to 79degree off & on over the past few weeks..
Ive taken advantage of this & having applied ballistics on my phone & having a best pal thats a pilot to call and reference/verify weather data..

Im comfortable saying that staball6.5 in a 6creed w/108 class pills has about a .6 ( 6/10 ) fps per degree ( F ) of velocity adjustment from temp @ time of zero!
+&-

Surely someone needs this kinda info!! The entire point of this posting!!

Just to understand what you're saying ... for instance ... a 20° temperature swing has a 12 fps reduction from "warm" to "cold". Am I reading that correctly?

Nice. Thanks for researching and posting. I'm coastal GA and we see wonky temp swings too.