• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Staccato accuracy

6point5guy

Private
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2014
Recently bought a Staccato P duo. Here’s 5 groups I just shot today at 25 yards With it. Looking forward to shooting this pistol a lot more.
4A6F42FC-DC9B-43B3-A778-B37DC9FACAEB.jpeg

Last edited:
I rented one of those with standard sights at my local range and loved it! It's out of my budget for now, but it's on the list.

My little Staccato-C carry pistol shoots as well as some of my full size 1911s, and better than all my striker-fired pistols. Super smooth and incredible feel...almost as good as my Cabot.

i-JJskMcP.jpg

Both of these were 50-round groups shot at 5, 10, 15, and 25 yards. First one with a mag dump at 10 yards that gave me the two flyers off low and to the left... I tend to push my shots low and left when doing speed drills from not enough finger on the trigger.

Yeah, yeah, I know...need to spend more time at the range. But the job that affords me the opportunity to buy guns like this keeps me pretty damn busy, and frankly, these old eyes and reflexes aren’t what they used to be.

i-gM4b3Wj.jpg

i-KSTPqJ4.jpg

This pistol’s a hell of a lot more accurate than I am these days, even with the short barrel for concealed carry... STI hit it out of the ballpark with this product line.

I want to get another one with a longer barrel to have as a range toy in 9mm, but looking at another option for that niche right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: DubfromGA
People undervalue accuracy in a handgun—personally I’ll take every advantage I can get. The STI shines here especially with its trigger.

Reactions: DubfromGA
OP, those are some very nice and CONSISTENT groups! I too would be really happy with that. In any defensive pistol, I value consistency and reliability far more than great accuracy in a pistol that is occasionally unreliable.

If given a choice between a pistol that was 98% reliable and shot 2" groups at 50 yards, and a pistol that was 100% reliable and shot 10" groups at 50 yards, I wouldn't hesitate to take the less accurate but more reliable pistol...even if it was only 2% difference between the two.

In a world where the Gen 5 Glocks shoot 4” groups at 50 yards you don’t have to make that trade.

Reactions: ffjoey
OK I’ve got the XC and am looking forward to shooting some groups. I had knee surgery, complete knee replacement, 11/18/20 and am going thru a bit of recovery. You heard that right I’m already making excuses for bad groups. Anyway It will be a little while longer before I’m ready to shoot some consistent groups. Not to long though. Sometime in December. The 8 pound spring in this thing is really light. It feels like a toy compared to the P duo. Anyway I’ll post some picture as soon as I’m able.

I need to work on some speed drills as I have trouble keeping shots together at speed. I need some more ammo.

I got my XC and love shooting it but to tell you the truth so far I’m shooting the P better that the ported XC. The XC allows me more control at speed than the P but I haven’t had the chance, or the ammo, to shoot the XC enough to really break it in and get used to it. I had shot the P almost 500 rounds before I shot the above groups. I have a feeling I will shoot the XC better once I get some more rounds down range With it. I shot almost 200 rounds yesterday mostly at the dueling tree and that really lets the port shine as you move from one paddle to the next quickly. The XC makes it easier to get into a rhythm.

Ive spent some more time shooting the XC with a better rest and things are looking up. The Federal 147 grain flat points seem to be a good load for groups.
0B3F97DF-E0AE-4E64-A07D-405EC97F79AB.jpeg

I’ve shot a few more groups like this. The P duo will shoot groups fairly regular in the 3/4” range but the XC will do 1/2” almost as regular but not quite. I’ll keep showing them as I shoot em. It’s hard NOT focusing on groups when it shoots them like this one does. What a great gun. I love shooting this thing. Thanks guys for making such a fabulous pistol.

Last edited:
Reactions: tanders11