• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Staccato C2 or CS

NewGuy308

Private
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2020
I torn between a C2 and a CS. I just got a XC and I have an STI Edge so looking for something small to carry concealed. As LEO I can get a good discount on a C2 with 6 mags and optic plates. I still get a discount on the CS, it’s not as good as the C2, but it doesn’t come with the 3 extra mags and optic plates. So is the smaller size on the CS worth that much?

Just looking for more inputs. I’m still wondering what the next gen that’s supposedly coming out soon is going to be, hopefully someone has incite on that here.
I hear ya on that. I’m almost in the same boat as you. Recently picked up a P, and threw a PMM comp on it. Breaking all my PRs, so im naturally thinking of what else I can replace.

I carry an xmacro right now. It shoots great, but I’m thinking c2 or cs. Leaning towards the c2, and sending it out to monsoon or skipz for a comp.

I hear ya on that. I’m almost in the same boat as you. Recently picked up a P, and threw a PMM comp on it. Breaking all my PRs, so im naturally thinking of what else I can replace.

I carry an xmacro right now. It shoots great, but I’m thinking c2 or cs. Leaning towards the c2, and sending it out to monsoon or skipz for a comp.
I have a 43x with a PMM comp and barrel and shield mags that I’m currently carrying, I just like to have options plus I like 1911/2011 triggers way better.

The cs is so evolved. It's an upgrade over the c2 for sure. You might as well get the newest iteration. I vote for the cs.

I shoot a C2 with a Dawson comp all the time, I’m very happy with it. I personally don’t need a gun as small as the CS, the C2 is small enough to carry and big enough to shoot like a full-size gun. I shot the CS a couple times and while the numbers say they’re fairly close it feels a whole lot smaller.

I watched a video on youtube and they were saying the CS is a very snappy gun, with lots of recoil. No personal experience but probably go C2. Maybe other posters can talk about the recoil differences between the two? Ive been going back and forth between the 2 guns also. I've come to the conclusion I don't want a 3k carry gun.

I’ve had a C2 for a couple years now and when I shot the CS I couldn’t tell the difference at all and immediately ordered one. I’ve always felt the c2 was just a little big for concealed carry, but it’s a great “if you can only have one” gun. I also have a P now so I’m not sure if I’ll keep the c2 once my CS arrives.

just as an aside, and i love 1911 pistols….i sure see alot of these pistols for sale on the local used market.

and springfield prodigy’s lately too.

just as an aside, and i love 1911 pistols….i sure see alot of these pistols for sale on the local used market.

and springfield prodigy’s lately too.
They're not 1911 's, but what's your point? Springfield prodigy is not in the same conversation as staccato either

They're not 1911 's, but what's your point? Springfield prodigy is not in the same conversation as staccato either

sure looks like a 1911 type to me.

point is, why is the turn over so high in these? what dont people like about them? i've contemplated one.

sure looks like a 1911 type to me.

point is, why is the turn over so high in these? what dont people like about them? i've contemplated one.
1911 single stack. 2011 double stack. Frames are completely different

I can't see a nickle's difference in the C2 vs CS.
For any point that the CS is an improvement, the C2 could be considered more shootable IMO.
But it's all negligible. Handgun Hero do t com has a great size comparison feature.
I just can't see enough difference to pick one over the to other.

So for approx $500 delta, nod may go to C2 IMO.

$.02