• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Staccato C2 vs P

King_beardsly

MMPRL & Low Dollar Precision
Minuteman
  • Jun 12, 2018
    Beast Coast
    I’m in the market to step up my pistol game, and have been looking into the staccato line up since 2011’s a weird allure to me. It’s basically between the C2 and P, only real difference is half inch of barrel length and a tiny bit in the grip length, but I can’t figure with one to pull the trigger on.

If you're gonna carry, C2 (16 rds., small integrated magwell). If you actually want to shoot the thing, Staccato P (17 rds., bigger add-on magwell).

if you can't be with the gun you want , love the gun your with .:giggle: both look great , easy answer buy both makes choosing easier .

If you're gonna carry, C2 (16 rds., small integrated magwell). If you actually want to shoot the thing, Staccato P (17 rds., bigger add-on magwell).
    Living in lovely NY I’m limited to 10 rds, so either one will live with limited mags

I went with the c2 and have no complains or regrets. The grip is big enough to fit all fingers on with room left. If you are planning on the duo version the slightly longer barrel of the P doesn’t really matter with a red dot.

looks like the c2 has an aluminum/alloy frame. when i was looking at sti's tactical line, they said the lite (aluminum) wouldn't hold up as good as their steel framed lite. of course, i got one of each... so if it's for mostly just carry get the c2.

I typically carry a G19 with an X300U and RMR or commander length 1911 in an appendix rig so I guess the little extra length might not matter

Last edited:
    Ordered the C2 for my new EDC, very similar to the 19 which I currently carry.

I'm currently waiting on my C2 DPO that I ordered back in January, I guess Staccato is real behind due to parts shortages and whatnot.

Reactions: tex68w
    I'm currently waiting on my C2 DPO that I ordered back in January, I guess Staccato is real behind due to parts shortages and whatnot.

I am right there with you. I would have bought locally from my LGS had I not wanted to get the MIL discount but you have to purchase direct so here I sit and wait like yourself haha. It'll be worth it in the end.

Reactions: Maverick3009
    There is a shop about an hour from me that’s got an almost complete line up, but it’s a pain to have them transfer since they aren’t in my home state and NY is a pain in the ass anyways

I have the trio. C2, P and XC. The weight difference on the c2 is very noticeable when carrying. I usually wear XL or 2x gloves and the c2 grip is still plenty for a full grip.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
    I have the trio. C2, P and XC. The weight difference on the c2 is very noticeable when carrying. I usually wear XL or 2x gloves and the c2 grip is still plenty for a full grip.
    That’s good to know, I figured the grip would be big enough for my bear paws.

If you plan on appendix carrying get the c2 the p is a beast of a gun. I might switch to the c2
    I don’t think I’d mind the extra weight between the two of them but if it’s extra pokey in the belly that might be annoying.

Well I make the leap of faith and snagged the P locally after comparing both in person the slight increase in weight/length wasn’t as big of a deal as I thought.

Well I make the leap of faith and snagged the P locally after comparing both in person the slight increase in weight/length wasn’t as big of a deal as I thought.
    You'll like it. To me the 4.4" p is noticeably flatter shooting than the c2. I actually just picked up a mint 2019 p duo today to throw in the mix as well.

Be careful. They multiply

You'll like it. To me the 4.4" p is noticeably flatter shooting than the c2. I actually just picked up a mint 2019 p duo today to throw in the mix as well.

Be careful. They multiply
    That’s what I’ve heard, I’ve already got my eyes on a C to add to the collection.

I appendix the P, with an extra mag, delta point, and tlr on it. I personally don't find it any more difficult to conceal than my 19 that I used to carry.
    That’s my plan, run it appendix with RMR and possibly the spare x300.