• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Staccato pistols

79steeler

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Considering getting a Staccato C2 with threaded barrel and optics ready. Anyone had one and what do you think of them. Any Staccato experiences are appreciated. Thanks

GTG

I've handled/shot a lot of Staccatos and they are extremely consistent gun to gun.

The DPO optics mount system works well.

Quality is slightly better than "old STI". (Staccato is STI's rebrand after they changed ownership) A step down from Infinity (SV) and Atlas, but those are now $6500-8500 pistols.

I haven't shot a suppressed C2, but I have shot a threaded P extensively suppressed and it might be the best 9mm host I've used so far.

Reactions: Bluedog82
    Good guns, I have several. In 8-10k between them I can count on 1 hand the stoppages I’ve had. If you’re used to very nice 1911/2011 triggers you’ll probably find staccato to be kinda mediocre for a sao. Springs were a little weak in the old mags but they seem to have that sorted out.

Ive owned a couple...a Staccato P and an XC and found them to be kinda "meh". I ended up sticking with my Sig 229 SAO and 1911s. The staccato's are over priced IMHO for what you get

I will certainty not steer you away from a Staccato, but encourage you to look around first. I wanted a 2011 but didn't want to drop 5k. I ended up with a MPA DS9, the Staccatos are solid tho...they just lack a bit in the trigger...

77DF92E8-E908-45E8-A816-E11753D6C947.jpeg

Carry one every day. Absolutely no issues in 2 years and about 6k rounds down range. You will not be disappointed.
    06C51181-D253-49FD-8656-812C3C1B7C33.jpeg

I have a c2 that’s my main carry, and it has been great and I just seem to shoot it so well. It carry’s and conceals extremely well for me as well with the right holster. I haven’t had any issues with it that weren’t my fault so far. I’ve shot it standard, and also with a comped barrel from dsc and it just runs. The failures I had were when I was really feeling some sort of way, and I proceeded to throw it in the snow/slush and then immediately the dirt just to see if I could choke it up. And it actually did surprisingly well all things considered.

For reference/comparison I have or have had 6 different sti/staccatos, an Edcx9, Langdon beretta, and a bunch of polymers.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions, or want any comparisons. I have a few videos of it comped/uncomped and being abused haha. I also took a lot of side by side photos of it in comparison to the Wilson.

Pic because
    D2480987-A268-4432-9CDF-2C7323F2743E.jpeg

A little over two years ago I bought a C2 as I wanted a lighter weight 2011. In use I found it hard to rack. It felt like the slide was binding on the frame. I tried several different oils and 2 different types of grease on the rails and none of them improved the function. Sometimes I would have to push the slide the last 1/16" into full battery with my thumb. I sent an email to Staccato's warranty department and they responded with a paid shipping label and instructions to send it into them. About 10 days later I got a call from one of their gun builders. He said I have good news and bad news. The good news is we just built you a completely new gun. The bad news is we have to send it to your FFL as it has new serial numbers. The new C2 has functioned and shot flawlessly from the start.

I and my wife have several double stack 1911's and 2011's between us from STI, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk, Guncrafter, and this Staccato C2.

Staccatos are nice but I'd rather have an EDC X9 or SFX9.
    I had both and went back and forth on them for a while. I think the edcx9 is better built, and more refined in almost every way, and a great pistol. But the staccato actually seemed to carry better and I shot it better, so I had to sell the Wilson.

Reactions: MilSpecJohn
    I have a c2 that’s my main carry, and it has been great and I just seem to shoot it so well. It carry’s and conceals extremely well for me as well with the right holster. I haven’t had any issues with it that weren’t my fault so far. I’ve shot it standard, and also with a comped barrel from dsc and it just runs. The failures I had were when I was really feeling some sort of way, and I proceeded to throw it in the snow/slush and then immediately the dirt just to see if I could choke it up. And it actually did surprisingly well all things considered.

For reference/comparison I have or have had 6 different sti/staccatos, an Edcx9, Langdon beretta, and a bunch of polymers.

Feel free to pm me if you have any specific questions, or want any comparisons. I have a few videos of it comped/uncomped and being abused haha. I also took a lot of side by side photos of it in comparison to the Wilson.

Pic because View attachment 8123391
    What holster do you recommend for AIWB carry for your C2?

You guys are a bunch of instigators! I just ordered a CS! Appreciate everyone’s insights with this thread.

I'm new to STACCATO . .

what does 1911 & 2011 mean related to STACCATO

I'm a steel frame guy

I'm leaning to a 6" / SS Thread / 2lb ... But that is a lot of $$ to me for right now

But after some Sunday morning research - I think the 5" / Threaded SS / 2 lb may easy to embrace as far as $$$ and perform just as well

I'm a big guy with large construction hands . . . so all those lil tiny compacts are not my wheel house

Many THNX for your replies

I'm new to STACCATO . .

what does 1911 & 2011 mean related to STACCATO

I'm a steel frame guy

I'm leaning to a 6" / SS Thread / 2lb ... But that is a lot of $$ to me for right now

But after some Sunday morning research - I think the 5" / Threaded SS / 2 lb may easy to embrace as far as $$$ and perform just as well

I'm a big guy with large construction hands . . . so all those lil tiny compacts are not my wheel house

Many THNX for your replies
    1911 = single stack magazine
    2011 = double stack hi cap magazine

The steel P model with threaded barrel is just right IMO.
    Shot it today, it's amazing.