• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stag 3L (lefty) AR questions

JFK52

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2008
South Central WI
I bought my wife a Stag 3L AR-15, which is the left handed factory version. She is a short lady and is having problems getting down on the iron sight on the detachable carry handle. Can I remove this carry handle and install an ARMS swan sleeve, say a model 38L STD? Then I could mount an Aimpoint Comp M2 for her on the picatinny rail. I was wondering if anything there is anything that left handed
different on the top of the receiver where the ARMS mount would attach? I am also hoping that an Aimpoint with it's red dot would give her much better sight acquistion relating to her height, or lack of it.

Re: Stag 3L (lefty) AR questions

It kind of depends on how you want to shoot it. If you want to use it with the detachable carry handle then you can; just get a cheek rest or the Vltor stock has a natural cheek rest in it. But, I would take the detachable carry handle off and put it away and rock on with the rifle as is.

You can use many mounts for a Aimpoint but I would suggest a removable and then get sites that you can co-witness with the Aimpoint. All systems will work with a right or left rifle as it is just the rail that on the rifle that you are using.

The only major difference is it spits out the rounds on the left side versus the right and the control are different but the base on the rifle is still the same.