• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stag, AR performance, or Bison for 6.8 upper

strider09

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2009
wichita KS.
Hello everyone, I am getting ready to get a new upper for my AR and am looking for your input on which one would be best between these three. I know there are better and more expensive makers out there, but please I am only interested in deciding between these three companies Stag, AR performance, or Bison so lets please limit it to them. If you have any experiance with them could you please let me know your thoughts on them? I am going to go with a 16" 6.8 upper mostly for hunting. The bison and ar performance are so close in price, and the stag is about 125 cheaper, but is it worth it? I have no experiance with any of the three and any input would be greatly appreciated. If you own or have shot one or more of these, if you could comment on the accuracy as well, it would really be helpful.
Thanks

Re: Stag, AR performance, or Bison for 6.8 upper

Both Bison and AR Performance use good quality parts---it would be hard to go wrong with either of them given what you want to do. And while I like some Stag components, the complete uppers/rifles I've looked at were lacking.

Bison and AR Performance are both good builders. I personally have an AR Performance 6.8 upper with a PacNor 1:10 twist and it shoots 3/4 MOA with my hunting load; Barnes 95 GR TTSX and is a great deer load and has killed many deer.

Thank you for your replys and the information. Between the bison and ar perfromance, is the accuracy pretty much comparable? (yes,I know I`m not going out to 1k, but all things even between the two..... trying to find a deciding factor)

I researched for a long time before deciding on my arp upper. I couldn't be happier with my decision. For 6.8 arp is the way to go. If I ever need another 6.8 I'll go back as well as other calibers. My dad just got his 5.56 upper from arp and we zeroed it this weekend, we were getting nice groups with pmc ammo.

I had a bison that shot 3/4 with Silver State Armory PH 110 Gr. with a 1x4 optic. It ran great!