• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Stainless steel tumbler, case discoloration?

Tonmarchelli

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2012
Surprise, AZ
ran a load of once fired 300WM cases through my stainless tumbler. after drying the cases came out with a slight greenish tinge with a little rainbowing coloration of the cases. I feel I may have added too much lemishine.

Could this be the issue? The cases should be fine right?

Did you use cold water?

How did you dry your brass? I just set them case head up in old 45acp ammo trays to air dry.

I use soft water from my softener. Cool. But not cold.

I towel dry them to remove most of the moisture. Then run a fan over them for a few hours.

Just go easy on lemishine. It happened to me then I reduced the amount.

Usually lemishine turns brass pink if the concentration is too high, at least that has been my experience with it. How green are we talking? I have seen some greenish colors form from not rinsing well and water spotting, but nothing too bad. Are you using anything different other than the typical dish soap and lemishine?

Just got a Thumler's last week and have put almost 2k rounds through it already. 1/4 tsp of Lemishine, 1/2 tsp of Dawn dish soap and about 3/4 gallon of water. brass looks like gold. Now only if I could get gold prices for it.....

Easy on the lemmishine, just like adding salt to a meal! LOL
I love the Thumlers! I started using HOT water, and tablespoon of Joy detergent with a spritz of lemmishine!

When I do my first "dump" of water, I then fill tumbler again with hot water, swirl stuff around by hand, and dump again, then rinse two more times with hot water.

I found not RINSING left stains and marks on brass.

The stainless is the BEST! I actually clean once now (30 minutes), let brass dry overnite. Then I lube/resize/deprime, and tumble for 2 hours..........
Cleans my primer pockets also!

Why not, thing cost me enough!