• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stainless tumbler media

rabbit59

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2022
Pennsylvania
So....does anyone have a trick or tip for, separating pins from brass and then drying pins afterwards. I like using this stuff, but drives me nuts dealing with it afterwards. Or is there something better than the pins?

Why dry pins?

I use the old Frankfort Arsenal media separator to spin the brass and get all of the pins out (and rinse with a hose). Then to get the pins back in the tumbler I pour what I can, then use a magnetic picker-upper thing to scoop up the stranglers. It’s worked well for me for a very long time. For drying brass, I either lay them in the sun on a towel for a few hours if it’s one of those days, or use any number of the rebranded food dehydrators from the usual suspects (normally takes 90 mins).

I have a thing that is made by Frankford Arsenal that works ok. It sits perfectly on top of a 5 gallon bucket and the bottom of it is perforated to allow the media to fall through as you shake it around. It works ok, better than the one that you close up and spin (which I have as well).

https://www.frankfordarsenal.com/ca...ick-n-ez-standard-media-separator/121925.html

It does help to have a magnet as well. Some will inevitably spill, but not too bad overall.