• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Stainless tumbling question

Engine 22

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 3, 2008
    KC
    I've decided to change to using stainless media. My question is: size/decap then tumble OR decap, tumble, then size? I ask this because it seems there's a least the possiblity of damaging/denting the necks of cases while using the Thumbler's model B.

Re: Stainless tumbling question

I don't use SS, but always: decap, clean, size (maybe clean again to get lube off).

decap, clean, size, then about 30 mins in vibrator w/untreated cob.
    I have noticed a slight burring around the neck from the stainless media. I very light application of the champhering tool gets rid of this so as not to scratch the bullet jacket. Hope this helps...

Decap, clean, size trim etc and then you can give the cases a final 10 mins in the tumbler with Lemishine to get all the wax / sizing lube off and make them all shiny.

There are loads of different ways but one thing you really should do is clean before sizing, you don't want crud in your dies.

Decap, clean, resize, trim. It's the right way to go.

Deprime, Clean, Size, Anneal if needed, TRIM, Reload, Repeat.

Decap, anneal, tumble,size. Its faster to have wife wipe one shot case lube while shes watchin tv then putem back in stainless ,run em,dry etc.plus i dont want lube residue inside my stainless tumbler. Do what seems best/easiest to you

Ps you def want em clean b4 they go in your sizing die,all that crud goes somewhere.