• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Standard options on a new stock?

Elxx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2008
Tucson AZ
Unless I can find a decent lefty stock, I'm gonna break down and order a Manners. McMillan wait time sorta sucks too much.

So what are the options that are must haves?

All I've come to is:
T4A(molded I guess)
Lefty
Chassis
Little bipod stud?

Side note:
I'm so frustrated with being lefty and getting waiting quotes that I wanna sell my SPS-V and buy something else....I'm at the point where I know my stock rifle is holding me back and its killing me at the 600 yard line.

Re: Standard options on a new stock?

I feel for you southpaws out there, very inconvenient to say the least, but if you are not set on a Manners or McMillan, there is always the HS precision models. They are very adjustable, and have aluminum bedding blocks so you dont have to worry about bedding them, here a link if you interested

http://www.hsprecision.com/shop/pst038.html

Re: Standard options on a new stock?

Curious on this topic as well as I was just playing on Manners new website with the stock builder trying to design a stock.

I cannot see any reason for getting more than 2 flush cups, preferably mounted on the side of your off hand or the bottom in case you want to sling up. 4 or 6 looks to be overkill.

Do people generally chose the single forearm stud for the bipod over a small piece of rail under the forearm for a bipod? The piece of rail seems like it would be nice for removing/installing bipods, but there might be something that I am missing since the stocks I see pictured in posts seem to have the single stud.

Manners new website is nice btw.