• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Standard Sling mount point on a KRG Xray fore-end?

Vicko

Private
Minuteman
May 19, 2020
Any KRG Xray owners on here?
I want to use a standard 2 point sling (not a QD one) on my Xray chassis (its actually from a Lithgow LA105 and now in use on my LA102). Problem being that there is no sling stud mount points on the forend that I can see. It looks like the only option I have is to buy the Spigot mount accessory which does have the mount points - But I'd prefer not to have the spigot mount so I can keep overall weight down. This is actually used as a hunting rifle as well as target shooting, but obviously its on the heavy side for hunting and needs a sling.

In an ideal world, I'd be able to buy a pic rail for underneath the fore-end that had a sling stud attached - so I can just clip the sling in behind my bipod, but that doesn't seem available either. Surely I'm not the only one??

Or maybe I'm just missing something obvious?

You could run a bipod adapter on the side and pic rail underneath, that would allow you to connect a sling and run a bipod. An alternative is to run a pic rail underneath with the integral qd mounting point and run an adapter like this one from grove tec.

Something like this?

*Edit*
There is in old school sling stud on the fore end. You can choose to screw it in or leave it out. But it comes in the box. Scroll through the pictures on KRG's website and you will see it.

*Edit*
There is in old school sling stud on the fore end. You can choose to screw it in or leave it out. But it comes in the box. Scroll through the pictures on KRG's website and you will see it.

Sorry - should have made it more clear, thanks for pointing that out. I've got a pic rail under the fore-end in exactly the spot that the sling stud would normally screw in. That pic rail is used for either a bipod or an IR light depending on how I'm shooting, so I can't really reposition it. It just seems bizarre that a chassis like this only has one sling stud option from the factory, and its not accessible if you want to run a pic rail under your fore-end for a bipod..?

Might just have to go a QD sling - in which case I think I can drop this on the rear of the pic rail I use for my bipod.
There's already a QD mount point in the butt.