• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes standard torque setting for scope rings?

NordicG3K

Private
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Southern Oregon
Is there a 'standard' when it comes to torquing scope ring screws? When I got my IOR it specified a certain number of inch pounds, but not many other makers seem to provide this info.

Re: standard torque setting for scope rings?

If your doing it by hand (per Marty B) hand tight + 1/4 turn by wrench.

Good luck

Most Scope ring caps require betweem 15-25 inch lbs. If you use the long end of the supplied Torx wrench, tighten in a criss-cross fashion until finger tight, should have equal space between top and bottom, then you can use the short end of the supplied Torx wrench to give a final tighten, but do not go past 90 degrees only till tightened. If you do that you will be fine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lizzardking308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">15 inch pounds. </div></div>

Along with an inch pound torque wrench and life becomes much easier

15 in lbs. Seems like I recently saw in IOR paperwork that they recommend 12 in lbs. If you are into shooting, invest in a Seeknok torque wrench.