• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Star Trek

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    There are a couple of series on television that seem to be clairvoyant. The Simpsons for one.
    Star Trek is another.
    Take a look at the message delivered in TNG episode "The Drumhead" and compare that to what is going on now.

Reactions: Campguy308
    i always thought wars could eventually be fought on simulators after seeing that one episode.

Reactions: 4X4Dad
    Almost all scifi series/movies are becoming reality. Gattica is on the horizon.

Reactions: lyman
    Im a big fan of TNG. Just rewatched this one. "Spreading fear in the name of righteousness".

Star Trek has long been the left’s wet dream. No money, everybody lives to work and serve in starfleet( the gov’t), I can’t ever remember a reference ever of God, or religion, except from the heathen Klingons, every alien race working together in perfect harmony … well except the aliens that want to subjugate and destroy Starfleet.

Star Trek has long been the left’s wet dream. No money, everybody lives to work and serve in starfleet( the gov’t), I can’t ever remember a reference ever of God, or religion, except from the heathen Klingons, every alien race working together in perfect harmony … well except the aliens that want to subjugate and destroy Starfleet.

Star Trek V is about God. However, "God" ends up being a false god and a bad guy.

Reactions: lyman
    Lol, of Course GOD was false and evil. Whats better to a lefty than leaving god out, making him to be false and a bad guy. I did enjoy the Star Treks though with number two being my fave.

Reactions: BLEE and Bender
    was always a fan of the Benny hill show all in the family , good times , the Jefferson's , Monty pythons flying circus and the three stooges and Saturday morning cartoons nearly forgot kung fu theater .

The Shit of Humanity has always dreamed of a world where everyone else is required to provide for them and they are basically just a giant drag on human growth and development. That is basically what most scifi crap is for a story line. The interesting characters are tasked with doing the heavy lifting to keep society going or they are fighting to separate themselves from the parasites and live a life free from the interference of the masses of leeches on their lives.

Ask any democrat what their biggest fantasy is, they will tell you it is to leech off others and steal the wealth of those who work for it. When you meet a Democrat it is the same as finding a leech sucking the blood from your nut sack.

Reactions: srtsam and Mwalex
    There are MANY references to God in Star Trek. More in the original series. Next Gen tried to say a super race scattered a computer program in our DNA across the universe so that we'd have to work together to run the program.

Me, I'm waiting on the Star Wars era so that I can get proness Leia in the gold bikini while scamming the masters of the universe. Now, just to find a Wookie for riding shotgun.

New Star Trek sucked donkey balls...

Original Star Trek rocked. Taught a lot of good lessons about teamwork and being an outside-the-box thinker. Never saw it as a 'One World Government' thing... but as a how to get along while getting along thing.

BTW, since William Shatner is going in to space soon... assuming he does not end up as an aluminum shower... This is applicable:

1633987588403.png

Sirhr

I was never really a fan, I always thought the depiction of aliens was silly and later on their perfect world of collectivism turned me off.

My favorite sci fi was Firefly and the follow up movie Serenity. The hero's were the rogues and rebels on the run from the overbearing government (I forget what they called it, it might have even been The Federation) and humanity had never run into any aliens. The closest thing to aliens was the Reavers, who were mutant humans, mutated by something the government had done to that planet.

I guess that says something about my world view!

Reactions: srtsam
    New Star Trek sucked donkey balls...

Original Star Trek rocked. Taught a lot of good lessons about teamwork and being an outside-the-box thinker. Never saw it as a 'One World Government' thing... but as a how to get along while getting along thing.

BTW, since William Shatner is going in to space soon... assuming he does not end up as an aluminum shower... This is applicable:

View attachment 7719175

Sirhr
    Delayed due to bad weather
    https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2021/oct/10/william-shatner-blue-origin-launch-space-delayed