• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Starlight case latches

Re: Starlight case latches

I love them.

The cases prove their durability every time I use them. I have to kneel on top of the case with full body weight and smash the latch with my heel of my folding knife a 1/2 dozen times in order to get 3 of the 4 latches that I can close secured. The 4th one? Fooghettabowdit! When I want to open them it is pretty much the same - insert folded knife, use side of case as a fulcrum, bash knife.

Best dam case in the world I tell ya.

I am thinking some strategic dremel work could be the answer - I just haven't gotten around it yet.

Good luck

answer = storm case
laugh.gif

Mine are great, push the button and pull the latch. Only bitch i have is the airlines keep busting the handles. I will get new ones at SHOT...again
smile.gif

Glen for the WIN!!!!
smile.gif

Unfortunately, the Starlight cases are just damn difficult to operate in terms of the latches...and unfortunately, while I had hoped they would eventually improve/"break in" a little, after 12+ years of hard use and travel with one of their 36" carbine cases, my latches are still as tight/tough to operate as the day I got the damn case!!

Call up starlight case, YES they do make an improved latch. It is much nicer, can be retrofitted to the older cases. Give them a call.

Ha!!

"The weight ees sign of reliability. I always go for reliability. ..."
-same thing goes for the latches on Starlights!

I only use mine to fly, so I don't mind the latches. Mine's worn in over the years to just take a determined palm strike to shut, so they do wear in somewhat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr45acp2u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call up starlight case, YES they do make an improved latch. It is much nicer, can be retrofitted to the older cases. Give them a call.</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mr45acp2u</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Call up starlight case, YES they do make an improved latch. It is much nicer, can be retrofitted to the older cases. Give them a call.</div></div>
Thanks for the info, I called today but only got the answering machine, went to the web site and sent an email hope to hear from them soon. I'll post how it turns out

Heard from Brack that he can hook me up with the new style latches and pins which should be an improvement.
The new "latch assembly" isn;t a direct retrofit, but the latches pins will make the old style better.