• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Started a new project today,,,,

alreadygone

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2006
Cave City AR
Want to build a light weight Left Hand Savage bolt gun in 7X57 for a walkabout lightweight rifle, so today I got the ball rolling by bringing home a donor pre-accutrigger model 10 in '06 today.

Plan to use a Shilen small shank bbl for the tube, perhaps even the wood stock with this; http://www.camo-solutions.com/ applied to the wood and Metaloy's hard chrome on the bbl/action.

Any suggestions? Warnings? etc.

Re: Started a new project today,,,,

No suggestions from me only that I think starting a project can be just as fun as finishing it! Hunting down the right parts especially if on some sort of a budget makes it just that much more interesting.

Enjoy and good luck.

Tag....been thinking about doing a Savage build, like to see how it turns out for you.

You're setup sounds great so far, what about the trigger? What trigger do you plan on getting? I have a rifle basix SAV-1 on the way, might be something to consider.

Have no idea about trigger. Was going to ask if original (non-accutrigger) can be set/worked/adjusted to be suitable, or should I expect to replace completely? Have another Savage with the accu-trigger and like it well enough.

Bob