• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing started cerakote

GGGN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2010
TX,N/E,Houston
I built an oven out of two electric BAR-B-Q pits and a file cabinet. Took the file box turned it on its face, cut the side for a door. Then ran a bar across the top to hang stuff from and mounted the heating elements in the bottom.
After I wrapped the whole thing in 1/2 in. insulation board. Each heating element has its own control. Used it for the first time yesterday, and worked great.
Items coated over the last week include a 10/22, Glock 20 frame, and a 260 AR build, as well as the scope, and a spare stock. The 260 has been redone as the first time I did it the air pressure was wrong. I will have to get another pic of it.
Thanks to everyone who has giving info in the past on this subject It helped me along the way.

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

Had trouble with pics got it fixed

Re: started cerakote

Nice! I have been considering trying to coat myself and building your own oven sure would help with cost.

Thanks for sharing!