• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Starting fresh, need suggestions

Mban2

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2019
I’m just about to be moving back around my family. They are all PRS or RTC shooters, and I am coming into the fold. I am no stranger to PRS or RTC, but I am primarily coming from USPSA and other shooting disciplines.

My long range shooting equipment is as bare bones as you could ever imagine, and I am in a unique position to get the correct gear the first time around, rather than chasing shit equipment that wastes money and time. My question is what gear would you choose to get if you had to buy it all right now? Because I am buying in right now, I would like to have some of the more updated gear that will help “future proof” me.

my thoughts are:

-RRS with anvil
-SIG 3000 LRF binos
-Game changer bag
-Atlas bipod

my questions are:
-Are kestrels a thing of the past if you can use the SIG binos and pair them with a Tempe?

-is there anything coming down the pipe that would potentially change the value of buying into this equipment right now?

-I’m going to be doing some long range coyote killing and I am wondering how nice it is to have a separate set of binos and range finder

so long story short, if you had to buy in right now, what would it be?

Reactions: IanHusaberg
The Swarovski range finding binos r pretty awesome if I was to buy binos that would be my choice. The other equipment u got listed r solid choices rrs ,gamechanger, atlas.i never used anything sig so can't help u there.

The Swarovski range finding binos r pretty awesome if I was to buy binos that would be my choice. The other equipment u got listed r solid choices rrs ,gamechanger, atlas.i never used anything sig so can't help u there.
I appreciate it

For this game I actually think the Kilo 3000 binos are the better choice. Hands down it has the better range finder, and for what you’re planning on doing It doesn’t sound like spending over twice as much on the Swaro’s is the best move. Maybe if you were gonna just do a ton of hunting. Your $$$ though. I’d also go with a ckye-pod over the atlas for sure. Only issue there is gonna be finding one. Maybe borrow if possible or use an existing Harris or whatever until you can find a ckye-pod. Just my .02 worth, ...it’s your money though, get what you want.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
Sig 3000 can pair with kestrel. I dont know what a temp is but at a recent match I pulled out the kestrel in 22mph winds and it gave me a solution to hold 2.4 mils on wind. 1st round impact at 750 yards. I fought from buying one for a long time.

You can find ok deals on gamechangers here if you wait. I prefer og canvas.

Tbac bipod is pretty sweet, mdt ckye pod is liked by many. Mdt also has webshutting deals on black friday so be on the lookout.

The lieca also has a great rangfinding bino. With a smaller size beam compared to the sig that's uses a huge size beam .I think th his is more usable in field type situations, especially if coyote hunting is also an objective.

Reactions: Mban2
FWIW I would also recommend one of the Ckye-Pod Gen2's (soon to be released) over an Atlas, especially for RTC matches which it was initially developed for! The range of adjustment and adaptability will be sure to gain you some points when coupled with a solid tripod.

As for the range finders, I have used the Sig Kilo 3k's paired with a Kestrel 5700 Elite and they are an excellent combination for team matches, especially if your partner is shooting the same caliber (or something very similar). Lots of great options out there now and it's hard to go wrong IMO :) Happy shopping and I hope to see you out at a match next season!

Josh