• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Starting loads for 6GT

Jake the dog

Private
Minuteman
May 9, 2017
Savannah, GA
Anyone want to share starting loads for 6GT with RL16 and Shooters World Precision Rifle? Varget has disappeared, but I have some of each I would like to try. Using 109 Berger Hybrids. 26 inch 1:7 barrel.
Thanks

Don't remember what I worked up from, and working out of town this month, but I settled on 33.8 gr of SWP. That ran 2920 over my labradar. 34.2 or so of Varget ran the same 2920. I think the SWP runs a little cooler than Varget, but that is only my impression, I don't have hard data to support that. Haven't tried the RL16 yet. Overall, pleased with SWP, plus it is available. Varget is like unicorn teeth.

Don't remember what I worked up from, and working out of town this month, but I settled on 33.8 gr of SWP. That ran 2920 over my labradar. 34.2 or so of Varget ran the same 2920. I think the SWP runs a little cooler than Varget, but that is only my impression, I don't have hard data to support that. Haven't tried the RL16 yet. Overall, pleased with SWP, plus it is available. Varget is like unicorn teeth.

Awesome speed with SWP. It normally runs slower than varget.

Yeh, that's different.

I have both Shooters World Precision and Varget for my 22BR. The SW hits pressure much sooner at lower velocities than Varget.

Has anyone thought of using BL-C2

Attachments

• B4AF875A-0BE0-475F-A4CD-F04413614A80.png
    B4AF875A-0BE0-475F-A4CD-F04413614A80.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 44