• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

State Teams

jkkfam89

Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
Bloomfield
Just a thought. Maybe it exists already, if so please advise. I would love to be part of competitions where each State has a Team. These Teams would compete in various competitions to go for a title. Obviously it would take some work to do. Maybe having a certain amount of teams competing at one location, while others are at seperate location. Then swap locations at a certain date. Anyways any thoughts?

Re: State Teams

Wouldn't be Fair to those not in Virginia
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wouldn't be Fair to those not in <span style="font-weight: bold">OKLAHOMA </span>
laugh.gif
</div></div>

There, fixed it for you.

Oklahoma & Texas have teams. They compete against each other once a year. I am not sure how long it has been going on. I know the Oklahoma team won this year.

OK, I will help get a Michigan Team... To challenge those to teams. Anyone want to use their state and create a Team

I think this was the first year for the Red River Shootout. Of course Texas lost, which would be the fate of any state facing the Oklahoma team.
wink.gif

This would be really cool though. If every state has a shooting club they could send their top ten shooters. Split up the country in regions. Those regions would have a shootout and the one state to survive the region would go to the finals.

"Team Michigan" Has filled a Couple spots.... Looking good for us. Lets start some chapters, then get this going....

Count in PSmith as well.

Send Graham a PM, he'd probably be interested. SSG3K too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this was the first year for the Red River Shootout. Of course Texas lost, which would be the fate of any state facing the Oklahoma team.
wink.gif

</div></div>

We will see what happens this next year when we are on our home turf, with more stages where you aren't on your belly. Wade can't carry all the weight lol.

The Okies were very nice as they kicked our butt on their home turf.

There is a multi state tactical style competition, but from what I understand it’s an individual effort comp, not team based (doesn’t mean your team could compete individually). The idea is very solid though: "precisionrifleseries.com" We may be adding MTC to the series in 2014.

Marksmanship Training Center is sponsoring the Michigan F-TR team. We offer special incentives for organized competitive teams, if you would like to take it to the next level contact me offline – [email protected]

Clare Ward
Director of Operations
Marksmanship Training Center
a 100% veteran owned and operated business

What would the rifle be, iron sights, and all differnt shooting positions? sounds like a good time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: superde</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think this was the first year for the Red River Shootout. Of course Texas lost, which would be the fate of any state facing the Oklahoma team.
wink.gif

</div></div>

We will see what happens this next year when we are on our home turf, with more stages where you aren't on your belly. Wade can't carry all the weight lol.

The Okies were very nice as they kicked our butt on their home turf. </div></div>

I don't think two of our top shooters were there? If Tim & John go next year it may be an epic beat down.

Well I have had a few people contact me in Michigan. We will be working on getting our team together. I would like to have other States do the same. Sounds like Texas and OK is gtg. Knut pm me if interested. Precision Tactical shooting. If any one wants to get their State started, let me know. I am looking into a bunch of options.

Anyone on the Texas or OK team, please pm me so I can ask a few questions! Thanks